Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: New show! Enjoy :)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,279

    Default New show! Enjoy :)

    This one took a while but I needed a nice challenge.

    I aimed to take the viewer on a journey along with Terence McKenna who narrates this amazing track.

    I'm aware that some of these effects won't scan (usually the best ones) but I'll fix that once I've built my laser.

    Give yourself 8 minutes 40 seconds for this track it's a long one!

    Designed using LSX and using the AVI export feature (need better lasers)!

    Keith


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brno, CZ / Povazska Bystrica, SK
    Posts
    491

    Default

    great work, kept my attention for the whole track
    6:00 is the best part, did you create it as a 2d mesh bent with perspective or is it a modelled 3d tunnel?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Cheers dzodzo.

    I created that effect from a stock LSX image of a 3D Helix-like cone, rotated so that we are looking up through the bottom and applied a rotation, a scaleXY and a perspective event. The second half of that sequence fades to a copy of the first but with SheerXbyZ and CurveSheerYbyZ added in the animator.

    I think I told cmb that I used a curve perspective for this last night but I got confused with another effect somewhere.

    I really need get a laser built so that I can get my shows tested and completed!

    Keith

  4. #4
    Bradfo69's Avatar
    Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    Swami recently posted that he created a monster. He's right.


    Nice work! Once again I'll say that I need to dig out my dongle and play with LSX a little but, I think that will be an exercise in frustration since there is probably no way to keep up with you guys. It's a bit like playing guitar... I bought an electric guitar and amp that sits in he corner of my office and I pull it out every so often thinking I'm going to learn a little. Play the same couple of riffs I know, maybe try to follow a youtube tutorial, get frustrated and put it back in the case. I sense a parallel with LSX. Maybe I need to be content with watching everyone else's shows!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Thanks Brad - glad that you enjoyed it!

    I am putting a lot of hours in but this software is addictive and great fun to play with. If you are doing beam shows you will get great results much quicker than with abstracts.

    CMB's LSX tutorials are great and Swami's SELEM talk is outstanding! I might do a tutorial on how I go about my shows once I've got a little more experience and can test my effects - this will change the procedure a little.

    I'm going to have a few days off now - could do with a break from the laptop

    Have a play with LSX - a few hours here and few there and you'll pick it up, also pop into the chatroom - there's loads of helpful LSXers you can ask questions to if you get stumped.

    Keith

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Positively chilled after watching that and no smoking involved
    Great work keith
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Thanks! Really glad that you enjoyed it

    I've chosen my next track - 9 minutes of 'who needs mind-altering substances when this is playing anyway?'

    I'm guessing this track'll take close to a month as I'm going to limit my point count to something reasonably scanable and each abstract will meld into the next.

    Keith


    Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    Positively chilled after watching that and no smoking involved
    Great work keith

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brno, CZ / Povazska Bystrica, SK
    Posts
    491

    Default

    can't wait for another journey into laserspace

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    can't wait for another journey into laserspace
    Me neither - although Swamidog has banned me from doing more shows until I've built a laser to test them on.....

    Time to concentrate on sourcing more stuff my build - with a little LSX thrown in for good measure :P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago area, IL
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Galvonaut, nice work! I'm really impressed at how motivated you are and how much artwork you've created without even having a projector, thats great! So much good stuff comes from the UK, way to go.... I really like how your text syncs so well with the audio at 7:20. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •