Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: You mean I gotta buy Justin Timberlake tickets???

Go see a Pretty Lights show, the audience scanning looks AMAZING. Not sure what the laser show company is doing differently, but I sure had no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Not sure what the laser show company is doing differently, but I sure had no complaints.
    ...for starters, it's a different laser show company altogether.

I am NOT saying one of these companies is BETTER than the other, just simply stating that JT and PL are done by two different companies with AS variances.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I know you know a guy involved with the production so, understand I'm not knocking it entirely. Keep in mind I was in the upper level so, my vantage point may have been far different that those on the floor or on the lower level. And keep in mind I'm used to the balcony at SELEM To most guests, it may have been amazing, to me from where I was, the lasers on stage were incredible but the audience scanned effects - not so much.

And I stand corrected - the audience scanned effects had red and blue at times - not just green but, the green was the only thing that stood out in my mind after getting home and typing post 39.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm not knocking it entirely
    Didn't think you were knocking anyone at all! I have my own criticisms, too.

When I saw JT, the lasers didn't kick on until after intermission either.

The AS effects most definitely will look different from the balcony and floor.
    That being said, the audience-scanning effects at a Pretty Lights show will probably have more perceptual consistency from the audience's point-of-view; They generally don't attract the kind of audience that wants to sit and watch from a balcony, let alone play spaces that even HAVE a balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    ...for starters, it's a different laser show company altogether.
    I was not suggesting that it was the same show company, and I was well aware that the laser show companies were different.