Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Higher Success Rate? (v.Red 1W Laser Modules)

Default Higher Success Rate? (v.Red 1W Laser Modules)

Welp, it's that time again..I have my wallet out for these two modules.. Can't decide-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/650nm-1000mw...item1c383377cd

http://www.goldenstarlaser.com/shenz...17jd58vlpqlok6

Done some reading on SHENZHEN--no first hand experience with them. And I've had fine experiences with seller newgazer..

Has anyone here owned either of these modules? Enlighten me

Not a fan of high powered 650nm. Also, 5x5 exit beam @ 2.5mRad.... sounds like a red flashlight. Then again, it is inexpensive power.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

As far as I'm aware, Goldenstar does not sell any red lasers from Shenzen. They only stock the blue and green Shenzen modules. If you want red you'll need to go with Lasever, Laserwave, Kvant, or CNI (all of which are stocked by Goldenstar).

The link you posted was for a 1 watt green, btw.

Finally, I agree that 650 nm red is a poor choice. It's a longer wavelength, which appears less bright to the human eye, plus the beam characteristics are terrible. I think you'd be much happier with a 638 nm module, or even one of the Lasever 635 nm units. (The Lasever 635 red is notorious for having a FAT beam, but because 635 appears so bright to the human eye it's worth the trade-off.)

Adam

Hmm, thanks for the input fellas..
    Narrowed it down using your guidance--

http://www.goldenstarlaser.com/lasev...0mw-p-712.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focusable-St...item19dd63fc76

I'm leaning towards the LASEVER, however do fat beams affect performance from the galvanometers, or it's fine just means more light leakage..? I'm not sure what 'focusable' stage lighting is all about for the ebay item..

A 5mm beam is going to need to bigger galvo mirrors so you don't lose any of that precious red. 2mrad is still not great but better. What is the intended application; graphics or beams?

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    graphics or beams?
    beams
    larger galvo mirrors.. on it. edit: I'm guessing a 5mm mirror would suffice for the LASEVER?

edit:edit: found the specs to my glavo's mirrors: Mirror Aperture: 6mm*11mm*0.8mm, Mirror coating: High quality dielectric film, Reflectivity: >98% @45°incidence(400nm-700nm),
    Last edited by nnasire; 12-19-2013 at 12:15.

The 638 nm red from E-bay is probably going to have better beam specs than the Lasever 635. Given that it's also cheaper, it might be the better option. Only issue is that it's TTL-only, whereas the Lasever supports analog modulation.

Is this going into an RGB projector? If so, then I'd hold out for the analog modulation. If you just want a bucket-load of red, then go with the e-bay 638.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Not much time to answer this but, there is one thing that has always stuck in my mind for what it's worth. I have no facts to back it up but heard it from someone very early on in this game.... and, I always used it as a way of remembering who the better manufacturer was as I got them confused. But "Lasever" rhymes with and equals "Lase never". Seems to me their failure rates were pretty high in general so, I've always just made sure to never buy a Lasever of any type.

Just my unsolicited $.02

yep what brad says lase never lol! thier diode lasers are ok just avoid anything dpss that they make,they have a habit of buying b grade cni stuff and giving it a tune up
    their smaller own brand greens are not to bad but tend to mostly be tem01
    also the tend to exaggerate on their divergence claims with diode lasers
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

You might also want to PM Bridge and see what kind of deals Laserwave is running although Laserwave might run you a little more.