Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini DI build #2

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i use dt40w's in my big projector, but they have some oscillation that kind of drives me nuts. i've seen it in varying degrees in all the dt40w test pattern pics so i'm confident it's not unique to my galvos.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    As for the safety shutter, I don't do beams. I only shot beams to showcase the units, side-by-side. I also don't do commercial shows. The only people that watch my shows are close friends and family.

I find the DTs to be way more accurate than the PTs for graphics. For abstracts, they are almost indistinguishable. Abstract projection is going to be the primary use for these with some brief graphics tossed in here and there. As far as galvos go, you pay for what you get. If you are thinking of a second head for abstracts, PTs do alright.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

As for the safety shutter, I don't do beams. The only people that watch my shows are close friends and family.
    All the more reason for a safety shutter! Especially with tight modules and close range viewing.... Especially when using cheaper scanners like PT that could, no will eventually fail....

An eye is an eye is a eye. Until its been damaged....
    This space for rent.

I'm not using the wides but I would imagine they are similar. I think our best bet is going to the be 506s. Hopefully the amps will be available soon. With your TT2, the 506s are probably going to be a better bargain for you as far as price/quality that will probably outperform your DTs.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    All the more reason for a safety shutter! Especially with tight modules and close range viewing.... Especially when using cheaper scanners like PT that could, no will eventually fail....

An eye is an eye is a eye. Until its been damaged....
    Not disputing safety. These units will eventually be in an enclosure. The enclosure will have a window for each unit. Since I don't do beams, and my audience sits a good 5 feet behind my projector, there is no way they would get exposure. Incidentally, I do have a kill switch.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i am looking forward to some 506's. i wonder if bill could be talked into modding my CT amps.. the TT's slated to go in a rack case (along with a pcaom) for my argon system.

I'm not using the wides but I would imagine they are similar. I think our best bet is going to the be 506s. Hopefully the amps will be available soon. With your TT2, the 506s are probably going to be a better bargain for you as far as price/quality that will probably outperform your DTs.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I finally got some time and am now laying out the third platter. I am waiting for a set of 506s to arrive. After this, I only have one more to build and my 4-head DI projector will be ready. I am trying to get everything ready for SELEM.

Nothing special but here is the beginning of the third build:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140411_030453.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	42837

I finally got some time and am now laying out the third platter. I am waiting for a set of 506s to arrive. After this, I only have one more to build and my 4-head DI projector will be ready. I am trying to get everything ready for SELEM.

Nothing special but here is the beginning of the third build:

Name:	20140411_030453.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	42837

Love your DI build!

Any chance you could make a beamshow video? just curious how the nice the beams are since all are single mode (apart from PLP520 being a tiny multimode)
    Went to visit SBK last 2 weeks and saw the 520nm green and was amazed! love it!
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    Love your DI build!

Any chance you could make a beamshow video? just curious how the nice the beams are since all are single mode (apart from PLP520 being a tiny multimode)
    Went to visit SBK last 2 weeks and saw the 520nm green and was amazed! love it!
    Thanks! I think I might have a beamshow video. I'll have to dig it up.

A lot of people aren't too keen on the color combinitions from the 520nm diodes but I think it is rather pleasant and seeing a lumia with slightly offset beams makes a wonderful rainbow effect with 520.

I got my galvos today and I am going to start fabrication on this tonight. At least, get the baseplate drilled anyway.

Name:	20140421_210414.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	42945
    Last edited by absolom7691; 04-21-2014 at 21:15.

nice!
    But wait...
    ScannerMax and chinese servo amps?LOL

Yes Epyn, You can use the Scanner max 506 with modified Chine Amp.
    http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/C506_AmpMods.pdf