Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Last Question planetarium show - Narrated byf Leonard Nimoy

Ran across this today and thought it would amuse some of you:

http://xkcd.com/1448/

This is a very old thread, but I know the answer so I registered just to reply.

The show was produced at the Charles C. Gates Planetarium in Denver, CO. I have heard the original voiceover recording on 1" Ampex, sometime in 1992 or 1993 when we converted the unused sound booth (then storing stacks of tapes) into a storage closet for our telescopes. Nimoy read about half a paragraph into it, flubbed gloriously, laughed uproariously, and then read the whole thing flawlessly in one take.

I am sure that tape exists somewhere in the bowels of the museum. I believe Mark C. Peterson (Lochness Productions) did the audio engineering and scored it, but I could be wrong on that.

As I remember, that show was not a favorite among the production staff, and it did not do well in ticket sales. It was no longer queued up in the slide trays when I worked there in the late 80s and early 90s. It was really cool to hear the original voiceover recording however. One of my fondest memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Talking to my brother about visiting the US in 2014 and we got onto planetariums.

He watched a planetarium show at Abrams Planetarium - The Last Question by Isaac Asimov narrated by Leonard Nimoy.

Does anyone know where we can get the audio for this show narrated by Nimoy?

Thanks
    A slightly tipsy Keith

Janus;

Are you local to that planetarium? Any chance you could check and see if they still have the original?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Talking to my brother about visiting the US in 2014 and we got onto planetariums.

He watched a planetarium show at Abrams Planetarium - The Last Question by Isaac Asimov narrated by Leonard Nimoy.

Does anyone know where we can get the audio for this show narrated by Nimoy?

Have you had any luck in your search? I remember this show well, too...