Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 2ok scanners from lasershowparts..

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    Dave,

Perhaps it's because you're taking advantage of novices who for the most part don't know what the're getting so they have no point of reference.
    The system is only as good as the weakest part and I do NOT recomend wasting good $$$ on crappy low quality products .
    There is no comparison to Cambridge or Lumonics GSI Galvos for all around quality, other than the price and questionable lifetime and performance of the Chinese galvos.

Rick
    [sarcasm]Yep, thats exactly what we're doing.... [/sarcasm] <rolls eyes>

I wish, when I started out, that there was a low cost source of laser parts available around. Instead, there just "seemed" to be a bunch of arseholes at the top making a fuckload of money off anyone who was lucky enough to be able to afford any gear... these days we understand it is a limited market...

I think you'll find that the majority of our customers are well aware that there are more expensive, higher quality components available in the market.

And they are free to pursue business with them.

We do not force anybody to buy any our products. We publish the specs so that our customers can make informed decisions.

We run a lot of the gear we sell in our own hire projectors. We haven't been let down to date. We understand the limits of the gear, and we do not falsely advertise our products to be something they are not.

Specifically, I do not recall ever saying they were a cheap way to get Cambridge or GSI level reliability and/or performance. We have definetly seen these Chinese scanners perform better than some of the stuff coming out of Germany and the USA, which we've paid orders of magnitude more for in our early days.

At the end of the day, we know that what we sell is a good deal, and an easy road for hobbyists and maybe even some professionals to building a laser projector or two. If we have enabled somebody to turn their dream or obsession into a reality, then we have succeeded in our goals....

BTW -> I don't know if some of our more regular (and appreciative) customers would appreciate you referring to them as novices...
    Last edited by aijii; 03-04-2007 at 02:46.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Thumbs up

Excellent reply Aidrian,
    I am more than happy with the people that supply what Rick classifies as crap.
    Without these manufactures and supplier I would not be able to enjoy this hobby either. :thumbs:

Jim

I love my 15K set. I would have had to spend hundreds of more dollars to get new non-chinese versions. They are perfect for making laser shows in my garage for my family and for playing around. I don't need perfect graphics for what I am doing so what I bought is exactly what I needed at a price that I felt comfortable with. There was no attempt at fooling me into thinking that these would be as good as high end sets.

Default novice !

Rick ,
    I am one of those novices , and repute your indication that we cant make an informed decision over price/quailty comparison.
    I think the majority of the free world can make an informed decision that you get what you pay for !
    The laser world in particular the last couple of years seems to meeting the world of computers in terms of mid range technology dropping in price by magnitudes never thought possible a few years ago.
    Purchasing ANY laser product componant at the moment means losing money as it will be updated with faster / more powerful kit in a matter of months , and I would rather jump on and lose smaller amounts while the quality catches up .... and it will !
    If I have to the choice between scanners/lasers/mirrors/dacs etc for a few hundred dollars that make my dreams a reality or wait possibly years to afford top quailty kit ( that is overmargined anyway ) , then i choose and apprecite and thank those sellers who make the kit availble .

I have never purchased from this seller but sure apprecite his advice on these forums and notice they are very active in help and advice in particular in attempting to source bits of kit and make them available to all.

I think we all realise your point clearly , yes you get what you pay for but the manner in which you spurted your offerings were not partuculrly in tune with the friendly spirit of these forums which are really welcome to those of us building our knowledge base ...I have found a home ,the first forum I have felt at home in 10 years ...........lets not split the family !

In Summary ........ "theres always one"

PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Rick,
    do you have the best house, fastest car, most desirable job etc...?
    Cost has got to be a factor, I do not think anybody starts off with the *best*.

Jim
    I want to buy villa ,5000cc super car,stay some nights in Mr.Trump's house.
    But no money at the moment and I am not a talent ,so I continue driveing my 1300cc car and stay
    in a small house.

Jian
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Lightbulb

Screw Trump's house, I want to stay in Hefner's house...

Heehee, aijii's got the smokin baby avatar!!!

I think the point is "No Thread Crappin'!"

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Screw Trump's house, I want to stay in Hefner's
    I reckon I like that idea..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I'll have Trumps house and access to his safe
    I'll then be treated like Heffner but have Trumps bank balance
    I'll also be in a position to buy the best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I reckon I like that idea..
    You wouldn't last 30 seconds in Hefner's house...

Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    I'll have Trumps house and access to his safe
    I'll then be treated like Heffner but have Trumps bank balance
    I'll also be in a position to buy the best Jim
    No, no, NO! You guy have it all wrong!

It's BILL GATES' MONEY that you want, not Donald Trump's. (Heck, just give me the interest that Bill Gates earns in a single day... Just one day's worth of interest, and I'll retire for the rest of my life and live in luxury...)
    Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    You wouldn't last 30 seconds in Hefner's house...
    Dude... With all the naked babes Heffner has running around his place, 30 seconds is all any man would need! (And even though I'd probably die of a heart attack... What a way to go!)

Adam