Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New 2ok scanners from lasershowparts..

as you say ..... A lot of it comes down to the amps

When i was at the ilda conference last year ... LOBO had a stand showing all thier projectors and doing live shows .... all the projectors contained general scanning G120s ..... Now they were doing high speed video raster scanning and Hi res flicker free animation .... most of it looked 40k +

now i was gobsmacked ... i had never seen G120s perform like this
    so i asked the LOBO technical guy how they were doing this ?

he said " the Lobo designed amps are DSP based and are extremely efficient and with a combination of efficient software and amps they can make the G120s outperform their original specification many times over"
    The amps are somewere in the region of $15000 dollars each and come in a 19" rack and full of DSP processors and even the PSU is processor based .... but the results show the extra investment

i have never dismissed G120s since....

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    Dave & Adrian,
    I measured 10% loss at 457 nm.(
    Seem no anyone discuss how many loss at the laser of the modulation!!!

Even the mirror loss 10%,but is that your lasershow always runing at 90% power output???
    Maybe,if you cut the modulation.

At fact when the laser of the modulation at 2Khz ,your laser output almost just 30% output,40% is the very good performance laser.

That loss 50%-70%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jian
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Im getting sick of this. It really seems to be going nowhere fast.. This will be my last post on the subject.......

Rick,

We most certainly had specs in the ads at the time you bought these from us. If you did not read the specs, it really is not our problem.

Regarding cheques. My bank has a clearance period regardless of where the cheque comes from. I will not ship till the cheque has cleared. Simple as that. I am only covering my ass, believe me, i was not trying to insult your intelligence...

Regarding refunds. Why should we be out of pocket because someone doesn't read the specs. In most cases we are more than happy to offer a refund, but after all the grief you caused, we really didn't feel very obliged...
    Dave,

You really should heat your house with the methane you have been spewing out lately in defence of the way you have treated me. I had valid complaints that you chose to Ignore in hope that i would go away . As a matter of principle, If I'm treated unjustly I will escallate matters and your behaviour exacerbated the situation to this point. It did start in a polite, civil way via private msgs but communications quickly went sour. Hence, here we are.
    It appears that you can't get your mirror specs correct since your recent ads on Ebay say > 90% reflectivity, yet you quoted me 92% in a Private message.

Rick :-(
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Hi Rick

You have been a member here fo quite a while and also made a few posts ( more than me actually ) so it suprises me that you find the difference in quoted specifications to actual performance with the chinese equipment a big problem for you as it has been discussed here many times.

i think it is quite common knowledge that the specs dont always match performance .... but to start complaining about 90% over 92% i do not understand ... knowing the variation of quality from unit to unit which is mainly down to the small batch manufacturing and difficulty to scource high quality materials

Jian ... Who manufactures the DT40 scanners was truthful and honest ( which i admire, ) and recently said this in a post a few weeks back

About the mirrors.

I also know the mirror not very good.But buy the good mirrors not easy in China.
    Because the mirror of the manufactory all like big order and cheaper and easy to make.
    They afraid and hate high quailty samll quantity order ,difficult to make .
    I will have to stand by Dave on this one as I feel that the service and product that they supply is top notch and i have known them to deal with unit failures prompty and give refunds if required

But what you are asking for is the same optical performance as a set of cambridge scanners .... and we all know that just is not gonna happen
    I hope you do finaly achive the performance you require and wish you all the best in your quest

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Good to know, no one ever told me Does this even include GSI amps. Even those are not good enough for 18k?
    It's true... GSI amps especially blow for laser shows. A stock GSI amp w/ 120s is set for 12k tuning... Maybe 18k if you really push the heck out of it... a turbotrack will get you from 24k to 30k....

92% > 90% so what he says has not changed!

Jim