Thread: Vector Control Settings

Default Vector Control Settings

I am interested in learning about Vector Control settings - settings that exist in Quickshow but there is no entry in the manual or on the Pangolin forums.

Can anyone explain what vector control settings do, or how they would be optimised?

Options available in QS are:

Spacing (line density): Visible lines spacing; Blanked line spacing; use non linear spacing for blanked lines

Anchors: Visible line begin; visible line end: blanked line begin; blanked line end

Angle: Linear angle to anchor relation; Custom setting

Are vector control settings a proprietary technology or can they be controlled in other software?

Thanks
    Keith

I was thinking I just missed the info on Vector Control and have the same questions--

An addition to the video Tutorials needs to be made and added IMHO.

Guess I missed a chance to ask about this during the Beyond WEbinar--

I read the email about some tech/. problems with the WEBINAR so did not try to join in-
    I must have misread something as I was thinking it would be in Youtube with the Q & A happening at the Pango Forums-- I did look just a little but only found one that was very hard to follow- the volume was not loud enough for me and The speaker was hard to listen to. heavy accent- I quit on that one after just a few minutes- I will search again--
    good thread Keith!!

hak

As I said in the other thread, they haven't been documented anywhere throughout the life of LivePro, QS or Beyond, because AFAIK they are not really designed to be an end user tool. In the past when I asked about them I was told to leave them alone unless i was trying to fix some very specific issues.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I watched the Pangolin video tutorial on scanner settings and it ignored that tab - Not sure why.

I've just been made aware that the LSX manual has lots of information on Vector settings, so just having a read. I'm still interested in finding out more about the Pangolin settings and why they deem this too much information for their customers.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    As I said in the other thread, they haven't been documented anywhere throughout the life of LivePro, QS or Beyond, because AFAIK they are not really designed to be an end user tool. In the past when I asked about them I was told to leave them alone unless i was trying to fix some very specific issues.
    Then why not put this in the manual? Why put the tab in the settings in the first place? What problems can these settings solve? If I have a specific problem, how do I know if these settings will solve it? Does everything with Pangolin require a personal email to Bill and if so, why does their forum exist?

I am sure that Bill has explained more complex subjects in his videos - rotor dynamics for instance. There is clearly a demand for the information too. Pangolin have had 2 requests on their forum (that I found) - I would have been a third if I could have posted and there is interest in the information here too.

What purpose can an information black hole around software settings possibly have?

Keith

Then why not put this in the manual?
    What manual? If you mean the help file, that only really covers 'some' of the software functionality, as you no doubt know.

Why put the tab in the settings in the first place?
    Because somebody might need to use them, that certainly seemed to be why they were there in LP.

I expect the reason you still see them is because it is a throwback to the various other incarnations of the software, and someone, somewhere might have a need to fiddle.

Personally, I think their time is better spent on documenting the features that the 99% might use, rather than the 1%.

I suspect the reason why you got no response on the forums (rather than a closing of ranks/silence) is because the people there may not know the full details of the settings, the mods are probably not the people like Bill and Alexey who know why the stuff is there in the first place.

So in this instance, I think you need to speak to Bill.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Missing from both the help file and the 2 or 3 incarnations of the manual available online in PDF form.

They may well only be used by few, however the response on the forum seemed rude to me, without even a hint of information. Surely keeping customers happy is worth at least a little information on the subject, even if it is explaining why it is so complex?

As there is lack of information regarding these settings in QS, I'm learning about vector settings in LSX instead. It's a missed opportunity really.

Keith