Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OPT Laser Shenzen ( Seriously bad quality )

I am still utterly amazed when you people buy chinese products and expect them to perform in ANY sort of way that a quality made projector and a PROPERLY PRICED projector perform.

An RGB Laser whatever power this should be, when factoring in time, labor, R&D, business costs, insurance, components and warranty coverage and all the *basics* of running a business should cost APPROX. $5-6000. We are talking about business sales of lasers. NOT hobbyists building Laserists.

Some of you are getting WAAAY too, hmmm, how ro put this in a Politically correct way...."I am due this discount. I am due this cheap sruff cuz its China and we all know it sucks." IF the quality sucks, if the product is cheaper, its cheaper and its shit for a reason. I dont know when you guys are going to get this through your heads.

If you spend $1200 on a laser, expect it to look and perform and last like a $1200 Laser. Expect the warranty and the after sales service to reflect a sale of a $1200 sale.

In my findings- CRT Laser, ABLE LAser and Goldenstar Lasers are Chinese LAser companies who are DRASTICALLY and rapidly beginning to improve their quality, service and the pricing reflects it.

STOP expecting an RGB Laser you just received from "General Tsos Laser service tiger warrior light saber we build laser" company to perform, look, act, sell or last like ANY sort of proven quality driven product.

Come on guys. You're all smart. There is a saying out there for a REASON- "you ge what you pay for." PERIOD! Stop trying to justify it when you are the one on the shit end of the proof of this universally accepted and proven theory!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Okay, so I need to correct some things here, let me see.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
    Hi Peter

Nice to see you are sharing story between us

i want to add some more details to complete your story

the laser shipped without flight case to lower down your cost

unfortunately, the Custom opened it and didn't pack it as tightly as we did

so the system was dropped seriously, even the thick aluminum case are bent

this is how the mess start
    It was poorly packed with only 4 pieces of foam on the top. Even if the customs have opened it, they normally repack it the same way and.... they put a sticker on it that they have opened it. So I am not sure on the validity of that statement.

you said the green is damaged, ok, you shipped it back, then we offer you free repair and shipping
    The green was fat and slant which might have been caused by the shipping, but I cannot be shure. Seeing how the second one looks ( almost the same ) I am not convinced the issue arose form bad shipping.

you said the control board also damaged, ok, we offer you free replacement and shipping again
    Humbug! my friend...pure BS.
    The controller board was shipped back by me because the BUTTONS on the REMOTE PANEL did not work at all.

By the time I took that out and returned it to you it was sent along with the RGB block. So RGB Block, Controller, Buttonpanel and cables were all send together in 1 box costing me 130 Euro in shipping. Thank you !

but you said you didn't get any warranty from us, is it fair ?

after we shipped the controller again, you blew up the controller and safety board cause your improper operation

you asked we supply another free replacement and shipping, we refused

You are also laser dealer

Will you supply free warranty when your customer open the case and damage it by improper operation?
    If you had offered the proper documentation as I have asked for many many times...maybe you recall our Skype conversations where I specifically asked you to send me details, a diagram, heck even a picture at least with notes to it showing which connection was which. You never ever did. ( I heard this complaint from other users as well , so who's being dishonest here ? )

As for me as a laser dealer, well if a customer asks me for a diagram or at least for info on how to make the proper connections, then yes I send them what they need.
    This not only makes the customer happy, it helps in prevention of damage to systems. Anybody can make a mistake in connections, especially if the seller of the item just plainly refuses to send you the documentation that should have been with it from the start.

As for the final blow-up of items. The only item that I "may" have blown up - this is debatable - may be the red diode.
    This was due to the fact that - again - you were asked for details on the driver connections but did not supply any info.
    ( Again various others may also have this same experience with your company )

6. about the red diode laser

we sell more than 10 thousands pc of this model, this diode laser with very stable quality, we know it much better than you

we have reason to suspect it may also caused by another improper operation
    Oh now you're selling 10 thousands of these ? hahaha...
    As I explained before to you, the red diode may be broken due to a wrong connection, but as I asked for doc's and connection info, there was no other way then to try to figure it out myself.

Again...this would have been prevented if you had just sent the info that I asked for.

the blue diode from Osram, Red diode from Mitsubishi, i told you before, if you can not remember, you can ask,

i don't mind telling you again

the Green has Tec cooling absolutely, 500mw dpss green need TEC cooling, it is common sense.
    Speaking about improper representation of the truth. You never ever revealed to me that the Blue was an Osram or the Red was a Mitsubishi. I found that out just now.
    If I had known before the red was a Mitsubishi, Then I had know that it would die when it get's more then 3 volt as 2.3 is the average for that diode according to the manual for the diode itself ( which you never supplied! ) . So in the end you prove yourself how stupid it is to withhold info from your customers.

Then you feel it is weird that they get angry with you and ask you to pay for the replacement ? Seriously ?

we occupy more than 60% share of Chinese stage laser module market

you have 60% chance to use our service again at your next cooperation with Chinese partner

please inform your partner don't use Optlaser products next time
    Rest assured that I will never ever buy anything that has OPT lasers in it....no worries. I think the readers of this thread wil also think again before they do...

i am not come to argue with you here, i am trying to find out a solution

we are both laserist here, i wanna ask you guys a question

what will you do when you meet this issue?

i am really appreciate if you can give me some suggestions

Elmer

PS .please Peter tell a complete not a hand-pick story next time
    Attachment 41543[/QUOTE]

Please Elmer, don't try to ridicule me through this Forum. I have merely done my duty to the community by informing others about your " quality materials" .
    You have done enough already. I lost enough money on your shit already, so please just shut up and go sell your shit to someone else who - as you - also doesn't care about customers and warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    hello PeterB -

Have you any pix of the *outside* of the 'brick'? We'd be very-keen to see a pic-posted of that... I'll 'explain' if / when you post..

cheers!
    j
    It's the same block as in the CUBIC

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    I asked Peter if he would sell me the case, dicros, and diode mounts only, and he wanted almost half what he paid for the complete projector. Winni wanted $60.

I knew the whole thing sounded way to fishy. <{{{{>={
    I see no reason which would justify any comment to your ludicrous post.
    Last edited by PeterB; 01-06-2014 at 07:34.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    I am still utterly amazed when you people buy chinese products and expect them to perform in ANY sort of way that a quality made projector and a PROPERLY PRICED projector perform.

An RGB Laser whatever power this should be, when factoring in time, labor, R&D, business costs, insurance, components and warranty coverage and all the *basics* of running a business should cost APPROX. $5-6000. We are talking about business sales of lasers. NOT hobbyists building Laserists.

Some of you are getting WAAAY too, hmmm, how ro put this in a Politically correct way...."I am due this discount. I am due this cheap sruff cuz its China and we all know it sucks." IF the quality sucks, if the product is cheaper, its cheaper and its shit for a reason. I dont know when you guys are going to get this through your heads.

If you spend $1200 on a laser, expect it to look and perform and last like a $1200 Laser. Expect the warranty and the after sales service to reflect a sale of a $1200 sale.

In my findings- CRT Laser, ABLE LAser and Goldenstar Lasers are Chinese LAser companies who are DRASTICALLY and rapidly beginning to improve their quality, service and the pricing reflects it.

STOP expecting an RGB Laser you just received from "General Tsos Laser service tiger warrior light saber we build laser" company to perform, look, act, sell or last like ANY sort of proven quality driven product.

Come on guys. You're all smart. There is a saying out there for a REASON- "you ge what you pay for." PERIOD! Stop trying to justify it when you are the one on the shit end of the proof of this universally accepted and proven theory!!

-Marc
    I get whatcha mean and I agree you get what you pay for, expertise needs sufficient money and the time required to do a proper check eats money too..
    Trying to undercut someone to get the best deal is asking for problems.
    However there are limits to this too and personally I believe if people just let this stuff be then how do people know what to avoid when taking the bargain dive?

Personally stamping everything as chinese products and bad is already a false statement as you know that most DPSS greens are manufacturered in china (laserwave, CNI) and these companies have quality stuff. Heck even the diodes you order come from china for the most, same goes for crystals I'd say (for the most on this latter too) (I order my flux grown KTP's from china and never had problems).

While I completely agree on quality checks, carefull adjustements for optimal performance and the eye on module lifespan and rigidness is usually saved.
    If you are able to do these yourself and improve your module and add what was being cut or saved on but still save on the milling that they did for you then I don't see what's wrong with it.
    In fact I see some american module suppliers using chinese parts to speed up the progress of building their own commercially sold modules (mostly this part is the enclosure though).

And again while I agree on you get what you pay for I do not agree on handing out something broken and thinking it's all justified because you paid less, lower performance and rigidness I can understand but broken no.

Comparing companies like CNI, LW and the diode manufacturers with pigs arse bottom of the barrel projector sweat shops run by Mr Sum Ting Wong is folly.
    This space for rent.

Then I had know that it would die when it get's more then 3 volt as 2.3 is the average for that diode according to the manual for the diode itself
    Aren't diodes current limited devices?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Aren't diodes current limited devices?
    No. That's the trouble, they'll grab whatever is going and destroy themselves unless we limit that current for them. What they do 'self-limit' is voltage, hence the Vf parameter... I'm guessing you know this and it's just the question that is badly phrased, but a bit of clarity is needed somewhere.

Re 'Sum Ting Wong'... helpless merriment.. Chinese makers seem to be not only a lottery, but maybe it runs deeper. Dave and others have scorned LambdaPro lasers, but my old 100mW UG still has the finest beam I ever saw, even beating a 2 foot long green HeNe for low divergence despite starting out only 0.8mm wide. A bit of consistency is all that is needed, so people know what they'll likely get.

That's the trouble, they'll grab whatever is going and destroy themselves unless we limit that current for them.
    That's what I meant, they are controlled by limiting the current. Maybe I should've put 'current controlled devices' :P I know what I meant!

Supplying it with a higher voltage wouldn't be the reason for killing it, like Peter is saying in my original quote.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

That would work. 'Current controlled' is nice. Bear in mind that if a simple limit resistor were used with a constant supply voltage, raising that voltage would kill a diode. If a cheap laser driver is potted in the same spirit that some firms grind off IC numbers to obscure their designs, then we should consider this possibility. One reason I like the LM317 based methods is that they are cheap, rugged, fast, and have all sorts of built-in protections we'd go to huge lengths to reinvent any other way. But if a projector maker really want to go cheap and dirty, even this might seem like too much work.

If I were buying parts or systems I'd look for a wide tolerance for input voltage as a guide to there being some decent internal regulation.