Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OPT Laser Shenzen ( Seriously bad quality )

'Current controlled' is nice.
    I prefer 'currant controlled' as it conjures up the vision of a little dried fruit stick man running the show!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I prefer 'currant controlled' as it conjures up the vision of a little dried fruit stick man running the show!
    Well, you know what they say... Ours is not to raisin why.

I wanted to really make public that optlaser is the company to not give any sales. I don't like to do this and I did give them a chance by offering help but they really went far.

Here's the explanation:
    After having a talk on photonlexicon about the green and blue modules of optlaser
    with the green dpss lasers being adjusted badly and being underpowered and the blue laser drivers having a too extreme beam surpression (was a copy paste of something I said on facebook).

I asked to buy a spare part for another one of my optlaser dpss greens to replace the ktp with it's nifty clamp all at once but got refused to being able to buy that. (bought a crystal though from bridge now)

Anyhow the green dpss lasers despite adjustements were hugely underpowered from their rated output power and I was ignored for 3 weeks by one of the companies employees both on skype and both email accounts

However I have noticed one of its employees (not sure what position in the company) is the rudest I have seen in the bussiness yet.

I forgot to correct that the blue module was CR-laser and not optlaser (Still fixing this issue together with the actually willing too coöperate CR-laser company).

After making this little mistake instead of pointing it out he litterally send me an email which you can see in this screenshot. Normally I would keep information confidential but I just really felt like this was worth sharing as a warning to avoid this company and not give it a try in the slightest way. Send them a still formal message back and corrected the post but this behaviour rings alarm bells everywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	email.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	41631
    Last edited by masterpj; 01-03-2014 at 19:48.

In all my time working with the Chinese I have never once seen or heard them cuss like that. I have been in meetings banging the table with my fists and they don't crack, its not something they do. Pride ensures they don't loose their cool, they may get a little animate but never swear or insult. Odd, I wonder what nationality he is, I suspect not Chinese.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    In all my time working with the Chinese I have never once seen or heard them cuss like that. I have been in meetings banging the table with my fists and they don't crack, its not something they do. Pride ensures they don't loose their cool, they may get a little animate but never swear or insult. Odd, I wonder what nationality he is, I suspect not Chinese.
    Same here and that's why I decided to publish this.
    My experience with chinese suppliers is that they have always been friendly so far and I love doing bussiness with the ones that deliver quality and also strive to improve their products at both gain of company growth and customer satisfaction if you are a customer willing to help them then they are also willing to help you.

Ask him what nationality he is. My money is on German, French or worse English.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Ask him what nationality he is. My money is on German, French or worse English.
    Hey, don't tar all the English with the same brush you ******* ****!

Keith

@dnar

Please don't abuse this thread to ridicule the thread or any people responding to it.

@All

Elmer is clearly Chinese as his English is typical "chinese-english" .

I have no doubt about his origins nor that of his coworkers, I do have serious doubts about the structure of the company and its (commercial) ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Ohw YUK !

This is lame Mark.

You asked me a price for " IT " and I assumed the whole thing, you never ever spoke about dicro's etc !

Here's the email you wrote:

Now that you obviously don't like the price I asked you start to whine ?
    What were you expecting ? 2.5 Watt RGB projector for 60 US $ ???

OMG !?!?!?
    Peter, I'm not going to start a huge debate with you, but it wasnt until after the second email I wrote you, and told you exactly what I needed, did you give me a price. Obviously you were trying to get the best money out of it, and I didnt want to pay half of your mistake. You even said you saw my point.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie
    Thank you for the quick response Peter.

I'm disabled, so my money is tight. I've been slowly collecting parts for my first project. I have the diodes I need, so if I can save a few bucks by you keeping the working diodes in the projector would help. I would need to keep the blocks to put the new diodes in. I'll need the dicros, and red combing cube. I also need the case.
    So in case anyone is not paying attention, I needed a case, dicros, and diode mounts from you, not a 2.5W projector. All I was expecting was left over parts from a blown cheap Chinese projector, nothing else.

All that was clear before you shot me the price. I didnt know you paid $45 each for the dicros. Even with the dicros included it was not worth half what you paid for the entire projector. I thought it would be doing us both a favor by helping me get some parts, and recouping some of your loss. But the only favor you were doing was for yourself.

You never gave the whole story with Opt, or with me. You took a clip of my first email and made it look like I expected to get a whole 2.5W for $60, and that was not the case. This makes you shady in my book bro, no whining intended. You've been withholding info this whole time just to cry about the mistake you made buying a cheap projector, and then tried to squeeze me to recoup half your loss.

Get over it man.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    Hey, don't tar all the English with the same brush you ******* ****!

Keith
    Actually, I think this seller is an Aussie!
    This space for rent.