Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: OPT Laser Shenzen ( Seriously bad quality )

Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

The more time progresses, the closer this movie comes to reality....
    This space for rent.

No, but I'm downloading now. I'll watch it this weekend.

Cheers Wayne.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

So, final decision on OPTlaser... Anyone else had issues/bad quality?
    There seems to be an explanation for most of the shortcomings by Elmer... I am aware that you get what you pay for, but when building client base you have to start somewhere, and unfortunately that means starting with the cheap gear!

Note: I've already owned a pair of 5w lanling's *shudders* how do they compare??
    Last edited by elektryx; 11-11-2014 at 01:05.

There seems to be an explanation for most of the shortcomings by Elmer... I am aware that you get what you pay for, but when building client base you have to start somewhere, and unfortunately that means starting with the cheap gear!
    Bad service has nothing to do with Elmer. He is just a salesguy that does things what he is told to do. He is not that technical skilled like most customers are and OPT should better train his people. OPT service is lacking because of there bussines strategy, they save every penny where they can and that reflects in quallity , service and warrenty.

Your right, you get what you pay for and with extreme low prices you can,t expect good service and warrenty since that cost money. Starting with cheap equipment is a choice, you just need to be patient and save some more money and buy the better one.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

>So, final decision on OPTlaser...

Well, that is up to all of you individually. There are always people here, or on the ILDA listservs or wherever that are badmouthing people and don't like to own up to their own role in the story. I've dealt with a dozen plus pacific rim laser suppliers over the past decade... I'm a dealer for Quantum Lasers UK & Viasho, and funny story not told here, had DARPA as a client, and they chose Viasho for price over Quantum which would have given better stability.

Anyway...OPTLaser.... well, I've only been dealing with them for about 6 months, but I personally own a beefed up model of this: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...875917053.html

Mine has lasorbs, 520nm @ 120+mw, 638nm @ 500+mw, & 445 @ about a watt, w/20K (could have had 30K for like $100 more but...) I paid under $600 which included a pelican-type case & a surprisingly fast 48 hour door to door shipping time.

I've been extremely happy with this laser, and have used it in over 2o shows to date, & have done outdoor building projections with it for Spotify among others. Thus far, while not trying to resell their stuff, I've had a rental client bug me so much about how happy he was with the laser that he wanted to buy 2 of their 3.3 watt units - which they were happy to attach pangolin discoscan 2.0's to with no extra charge, and build, test & ship in record time again.

Everybody resells for somebody (to a certain extent, if you're not KVANT, etc), I doubt Peter/RGB lasers builds the products he resells, I've recognized his suppliers from the pix of seen of some of his products. LaserKnowHow resells OPTlaser products for more than double the cost:
    They sell this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111392443353...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT for $2000+ USD which costs them 1/5th of the cost... here it is retail, but they get it wholesale: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...875917053.html And they have close to 100% feedback on ebay... why... because most people are VERY happy with OPTlasers products... sure,,,we're all laserists, so we're more critical than regular consumers than don't know their nm from their mw, but.... NRG manages to pull a 400 to 500% profit off OPTlaser products and maintain happy customers... so I'll let that be your guide as to whether you're going to choose to risk $400 for a 1.6+ watt all-diode analog RGB laser smaller than a Kleenex box. There's not much complaining to do at this price level, and regardless, even at NRG's 500% mark-up, clients are still happy. That tells you something. anyway, make up your own mind.

wondering why this old thread got revived.
    That full diode projector is insanely low on the green and very blue heavy. Yes NRG, RGB laserverkoop and several others just resell these projectores for at least double the cost without adding any value.
    The units also lack proper correction optics so power wise all you have is the measured output power up close but the divergence will kinda ruin that.

They can be good but it's a mixed bag.. first of all livespan is most certainly a lot shorter and seeing a few at a LEM I saw they had modulation issues with their drivers especially the green (this was diode) indicating just bad drivers. If something goes wrong then you are out of luck.. since the factory is already pushing their margin there is no way they would pay up to fix a product with issues at their expense.

You might have gotten lucky with your projector but for a lot its short term client satisfaction... works fine first (hence the high ratings) then suddenly something goes wrong and things go downhill from there quick.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    I am still utterly amazed when you people buy chinese products and expect them to perform in ANY sort of way that a quality made projector and a PROPERLY PRICED projector perform.

An RGB Laser whatever power this should be, when factoring in time, labor, R&D, business costs, insurance, components and warranty coverage and all the *basics* of running a business should cost APPROX. $5-6000. We are talking about business sales of lasers. NOT hobbyists building Laserists.

Some of you are getting WAAAY too, hmmm, how ro put this in a Politically correct way...."I am due this discount. I am due this cheap sruff cuz its China and we all know it sucks." IF the quality sucks, if the product is cheaper, its cheaper and its shit for a reason. I dont know when you guys are going to get this through your heads.

If you spend $1200 on a laser, expect it to look and perform and last like a $1200 Laser. Expect the warranty and the after sales service to reflect a sale of a $1200 sale.

In my findings- CRT Laser, ABLE LAser and Goldenstar Lasers are Chinese LAser companies who are DRASTICALLY and rapidly beginning to improve their quality, service and the pricing reflects it.

STOP expecting an RGB Laser you just received from "General Tsos Laser service tiger warrior light saber we build laser" company to perform, look, act, sell or last like ANY sort of proven quality driven product.

Come on guys. You're all smart. There is a saying out there for a REASON- "you ge what you pay for." PERIOD! Stop trying to justify it when you are the one on the shit end of the proof of this universally accepted and proven theory!!

-Marc
    Thanks for mention Able,we are alwasy seeking ways to improve ourselves and the quality of our lasers,we are Able for better service,better quality.