Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single diode 3.5-4w !!!

Default Single diode 3.5-4w !!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...583280323.html

This something new as well? Really want to see the 473 hit the market.
    leading in trailing technology

A more powerful blue, not exactly what we need, especially 445 and multi mode.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Really want to see the 473 hit the market.
    Agreed. 473 is a beautiful blue. It is why I hang onto my 473 DPSS
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Agreed. 473 is a beautiful blue. It is why I hang onto my 473 DPSS
    Same. hanging in there until the 1watt multimode nichia 468-478 diodes finally hit the market.

Still though, I saw these diodes on DTR's store.
    Anybody have any pictures of the beam quality?

Bad news this: Not long before the 8W blue laser pointers start hitting the streets

I knew about this diode over a year and they will do way more than 4W but quite a fat retard of a beam.

The lighter blue units are already available but F.ing expensive even with my usual back door connections.

I hear also will be a new higher power 520nm 9mm like 2.2W

Frightening really

I suspect the target is for high power all diode based video projectors that compete with the likes of Barco and Cristie 20-30k units.

Andy,

I agree with you except the real money is going to be in the mid range video projectors simply because of their overwhelming numbers. That is why I predict these more powerful greens and blues will become harvest'able soon. I also think there is a big vacuum developing for red. These projectors won't be able to take off until powerful reds become available. I think we will hear an announcement of higher power reds within a year.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I also think there is a big vacuum developing for red. These projectors won't be able to take off until powerful reds become available. I think we will hear an announcement of higher power reds within a year.
    Crossing fingers. Nichia has to be working on this.

Single diode, or single mode diode? Ideally single mode but I don't know if anyone figured out a way to decrease power density to protect the output coupler facet without ending up with multimode. And with red, a lot of chemistry has to change to more durable materials. And Nichia are famous for blue and green emitters, I'm not sure they got into red so much, as many other firms were already doing that.

as many other firms were already doing that.
    "Were" is the operative. I believe the driver for all the reds to date was the need for CD burners and their most powerful offspring were the Mitsu 73s. To serve the display market, multi-watt emitters will be needed and I am almost certain that there is a lot of research into this going on right now. They now have 18W single emitters for 9xx nm and 10 W 808nm. There are the 520nm, 455nm and 405nm diodes. Power keeps going up and when multi-watt reds join the greens and the blues then RGB projectors (video) will be able to take a leap and become more powerful and efficient. I have a 4000 lumen HD projector and as good as this might sound I think a 40,000 lumen projector would not be too powerful.

I agree that the demands will change things, and pump diodes may indicate this progression up the spectrum for reds, but I can't help thinking that we'll see some radical new diode chemistry first because shortwave reds were very brittle and easy to damage. (Of course it might have happened and I missed it!)