Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser video conference...

Question Laser video conference...

Anyone ever tried to get a few people together with web cams and form a video conference to show off your shows? I was playing around with my DV Camera last night and thought about it. I think it'd be fairly easy with Netmeeting and MSN messenger. I don't think my DV Cam gets that good of frames/sec capture as a web cam but it may work well.

This may be a good way to help others too. It's always nice to see someone's problem and help in realtime.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Red face

No huh? Well, if anyone is curious to see how well it works, I got mine set up and have msn on, shoot me a pm. I have the sound off, I can't get it to work on my third pc to check the sound and the camera seems sensitive...

Yeah I'd like to give it a try but i'm at work Do you just have to download netmeeting and msn messenger?

Cool idea, I'll give that a try sometime...

Lightbulb

Actually, both netmeeting and msn messenger come with windows, no download needed. If anyone is interested I work nights but will try it again around 5am EDT tomorrow when I get home from work. I just want to see how well it will work if at all.

Lightbulb

Well, home at last. I have my DV set up and am viewing my ceiling. I have my set up split 4 ways. Most of it is going to my scanners with the ever popular popelscan... I also have 10 or so mW going to my "liquid sky" scanner, 20 or so to a bitchered Laser FX, and slightly more to the set up astroguy gave me at FLEM. I took me a while to get them all on one wall... Like I said last night, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. I'd like to see if my upload can handle a conference like this. I don't turn the sound on. My fan on my scanner amps overpowers the music and sounds horrible, plus I can't turn it up cause my girlfriend is asleep for another hour and a half. I need to get a mic and put it by the speaker. I need to get a lot of things... a life included.

Here's a screeny...
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 02-28-2007 at 01:10.

Talking

Alright, last one...

or three.

good night y'all...

Nice colors.
    Are you transmitting live now?

Them pics are out of this world, I think they are actually a different galaxy

Jim

Thumbs up

Thanks y'all. No transmitting now. Only from around 5am EDT to 7am. Then I have to sleep... It's one of my other addictions, one of the most important. I'll try again tomorrow... or tonight, depends on your perspective.