Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Scannermax 506s

Not hardware, but the old polygon rotation code I made in Lua to generate wave data can be ported to C and Win32 API, to use the MIDI and audio handling code I already made for my phase mod synth. It does logarithmic maths for speed. Small ILDA sequences may form raw data for rotation, allowing for some interesting hybrid abstracts. My emphasis was always on high precision on a wide range of visible scale, rather than raw speed. These galvos might allow this in ways the Widemoves failed to do.

So, I don't know the story but you know the story? Amazing!!!
    Bill, McCarrot is a straightup guy and i can,t think of any reason why he would lie or tell just a made up story. Why would he? What does he gain from it?

Whatever patent you have that doesn,t proof anything. Thomas alva edison patent a shitload of inventions that wherent his ideas at all he just managed to get things working because he had the cashflow to further develop what others started. And that what happend also with the safety lens. You got it in your hands and could develop it further into a lenskit that has a variaty of magnifications for different applications. Edison was a smart bussiness man just like you.

But it doesn,t matter what i believe.If your proud when you look in the mirror that,s great. Glad that i,m not in your shoes...........

But mixedgas is right i will get back inside my cave and let the topic return to its original topic.
    Last edited by edison; 01-08-2014 at 17:06.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Just to put an end to the safety lens story, and correct some assumptions people make.

Laserextreme entered this thread in late November of 2009: (ref link)

And even an discussion the how to: (link)

On the various DutchLem's Laserextreme sold a couple of lenses to a couple of people on the lem (including Francesco).
    (Just search the forum for it, its also on here) At this time these where complete round lenses.

Those lenses came from an plastic molder (his neighbor), who also cut them in half at a later point in time.
    Im pretty sure the idea to cut these lenses in half came from Pangolin, from the Pro Light Sound Frankfurt 2010 I believe.
    The date Pangolin introduced these lenses to the public.

If Bill used this method to diverge beams an decade ago (10 years that is! 2003 - 2004), he is clearly the first ones who did this.

Is it impossible that 2 people at an different point in time, think of an seemly similar solution?

I am curious who the dentist is, cause even MCcarrot does not know him , and where the assumption comes from that Francesco gives these things to Bill.
    Francesco and Pangolin are two separate companies.

These are the facts.
    So please, never throw with information when you don't know the complete story

I highly doubt Maurice told that story. Maybe someone made some assumptions and connections where they weren't..
    You know what they say about assumptions;

Never Assume, or you will make an ASS of U and ME.

Okay.. enough of this soap. back to Scannermax.
    Last edited by cyberb0b; 01-08-2014 at 18:58. Reason: added additional link

Thanks for bringing context and sanity to this discussion.

The link to the earlier Photon Lexicon thread is useful. It shows that it wasn't until very late in 2009 that PL members were messing with this, and at that time, what they were messing with was whole lenses.

I was also able to find another thread here on PL which is very relevant. It can be found here:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ht=safety+lens

The very first post is McCarrot asking how to diverge a laser beam. This was in September of 2008. It shows that a) McCarrot was smart enough to want to do this -- smart enough to go out and seek ways of doing this, and; b) what the popular beliefs and knowledge were at the present time. Ironically the very last post is from O. Steven Roberts who, in his final sentence, makes reference to a patent issued to ME in 1994...

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    And that what happend also with the safety lens. You got it in your hands and could develop it further into a lenskit that has a variaty of magnifications for different applications.
    I just looked into emails between myself and our intellectual property attorney, and can confirm that my "Date of invention" is July 1, 2004. How could I learn from McCarrot, something that he demonstrated that he did not know before September of 2008? How could I "get in my hands" something that McCarrot didn't even have in his own hands?

I agree McCarrot is a straight-up guy! No question about it. And a smart guy too! No question about that either! He was smart enough to want to do this, and to seek out ways of doing this. That's commendable! But Bob's a friend of McCarrot and Bob called McCarrot on the phone, and confirmed that he did not tell the story that you're attributing to him...

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 01-08-2014 at 18:50.

I had a thought. What about a single color(green diode) 1W projector that could fit within the dimensions of a pack of cigarettes? If Pangolin could provide a lower cost single channel FB3, imagine mounting half a dozen on booms within a venue from previously not accessed positions.
    You'd still have the issue of either ILDA cable or USB cable to contend with, now if it could all be done with Ethernet and PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) wouldn't it be grand
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

By the way, I found the following presentations on TED very interesting and relevant:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_l...of_memory.html
    and
    http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_frase...testimony.html

If any of you have never heard of TED, you should check it out! This, like The Seven Habits, will change your life!

Bill

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

My effort to get the thread back on track of the 506's will be a question... now I see asked a third time and, I've also had PM's from people asking if I've gotten an answer. I plan to send it to (you) Bill as an e-mail tomorrow but figured I'd ask here simply because you've been paying regular attention to the thread.

I realize the answer may be complicated and I'm not looking to hold Bill/Pangolin to any specific price but merely trying to get a ballpark estimate. How much money should one be expecting to pay for a set of these, eventually. Is the estimate or target that they might end up in the $300 range? The $900 range? The $1500 range? I've been quietly guessing perhaps around $500 for the 506's and somewhere in the $1500-$2500 range for Saturn's but it's just a guess.

I'm sure when say, Ford designs a car, or GE makes a new refrigerator, they know or have a target range they're at least thinking about. This question just seems to have been conveniently ignored thus far. (I mean no disrespect by that.) You've had to waste too much time clearing up facts and being on the defense and it may have been overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    How much money should one be expecting to pay for a set of these, eventually. Is the estimate or target that they might end up in the $300 range? The $900 range? The $1500 range? I've been quietly guessing perhaps around $500 for the 506's and somewhere in the $1500-$2500 range for Saturn's but it's just a guess.
    Yes, I am most interested in pricing too
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Brad,

Regarding specifically the Compact 506, we haven't set a final price for individual users at this time. We've entered into relationships with two separate large-volume projector manufacturers who have been using Chinese scanners up until now, and so it shows a belief that the price/performance relationship is favorable for high-volume users.

Although I've done it for a few people here and there, and will no doubt continue doing it for a few others here and there, the thought of me personally modifying existing scanner amplifiers for use with our scanners is not very appealing for individual users. Moreover, the thought of sending out a pair of our scanners to most hobbyists for them to experiment and try to get it to work is equally unappealing (I am sure there are and will be exceptions). I'd just hate for someone to have a bad experience, not be able to get our scanners to work as well as we can, and then blame any problems on our scanners rather than their ability to get them to work. (After all, people who make forum posts know everything, so the problem couldn't be them... )

Once we have our new amp in hand and have some manufacturing numbers in hand, then we'll present a price for individuals, and then you'll have your answer.

In the mean time I will say that we are committed to delivering a high quality product, with performance not seen in other products, and at a price that is at least as low as what people are currently paying for Chinese scanners.

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 01-08-2014 at 20:14.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Fair enough. Thank you for the reply. Patience is a virtue some of us laser addicts find difficult at times.