Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Scannermax 506s

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Fair enough. Thank you for the reply. Patience is a virtue some of us laser addicts find difficult at times.
    My wife says "Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can. Seldom found in women, never found in men"...
    This space for rent.

edison, about your "they're not really helping but making profit" thing, here have a picture about how space program is not helping you either, then talk about "seeing the big picture"

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    By the way, I found the following presentations on TED very interesting and relevant:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_l...of_memory.html
    and
    http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_frase...testimony.html

If any of you have never heard of TED, you should check it out! This, like The Seven Habits, will change your life!

Bill
    TED talks are generally awesome. Highly recommended.
    This space for rent.

Hey Bill, Happy new year to you.

I have to agree that at times you helped me too

What interests me is if the scanners are actually better than what we have at the moment; so let's cut out all the blar blar and hype building on PL and get them on the table

I stick by what said earlier that PL is screwed; if it was my site I would filter out words like Andy, Laser shows, Diodes, Drivers, Lenses, Inventions, Patents, Marking, Very cold, harder, quicker, wait to see, its a secret, I invented it. And replace them with "Oh yeah Baby"

Just to put an end to the safety lens story, and correct some assumptions people make.
    I totally agree!!!

On the various DutchLem's Laserextreme sold a couple of lenses to a couple of people on the lem (including Francesco).
    (Just search the forum for it, its also on here) At this time these where complete round lenses.
    Ok so that means its true, francesco did have a couple of these lenses. Since Bill and Francesco are both laserenthousiasts its safe to say that they shared info on this!!

Those lenses came from an plastic molder (his neighbor), who also cut them in half at a later point in time.
    Im pretty sure the idea to cut these lenses in half came from Pangolin, from the Pro Light Sound Frankfurt 2010 I believe.
    The date Pangolin introduced these lenses to the public.
    Great so if these lenses where handed over on Prolight in 2010 what is all that crap about R en D then?

If Bill used this method to diverge beams an decade ago (10 years that is! 2003 - 2004), he is clearly the first ones who did this.
    Maybe, Its a shame that McCarrot didn,t have the cashflow to Patent the lens it because from history we learn that who patents it becomes the inventor even though someone else came up with the idea first. Do some googling on the invention of the lightbulb and you will see that Thomas alva edison isn,t the man who came with the idea.

Is it impossible that 2 people at an different point in time, think of an seemly similar solution?
    No not at all, many people worked at the same idea of sound recordings arround 1870. Edison managed to patent the Phonograph and so everyone thinks he came with the idea. Funny to see things haven,t changed over 100 years.

I am curious who the dentist is, cause even MCcarrot does not know him , and where the assumption comes from that Francesco gives these things to Bill.
    Francesco and Pangolin are two separate companies.
    So his neighbour has another profession, for all i care he ,s the milkman. The lenses came of his neighbour. That fransesco has its own company that is totally irrelevant. He is did his internship at Pangolin and is a good friend of Bill. Many Pl members are because obvious reasons.

These are the facts.
    So please, never throw with information when you don't know the complete story
    The whole story is right well except that his Neighbour isn,t a dentist..........

I highly doubt Maurice told that story. Maybe someone made some assumptions and connections where they weren't..
    You know what they say about assumptions;
    So you think that its my own fantasy brain? get real!!!! McCarrot told me the story directly and handed over the lens to me. That is why i could make some pictures. After Bill presented him as the founder of the safetylens (not the idea at first) i felt to set the record straight because its not fair to McCarrot. He should get all the credit!!!!! And as a friend of him you should feel the same!!!!

I know what exactly what happend and i know that its true. People may believe what they want since we live in a free world. At least the story has been told.

I think we can say we talked enough about it so can we go back to the topic please

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Edison:
    Would you STFU! allready ? and have some of these Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grapes.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	41750
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Good news, I've been dispatched to home.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Great so if these lenses where handed over on Prolight in 2010 what is all that crap about R en D then?
    Six separate lenses in with two different curvatures handed over several days before the show even started (because the show had to be measured by the TUV guy)?
    Last edited by Pangolin; 01-09-2014 at 11:08.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

awesome... looking forward to your review.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Good news, I've been dispatched to home.

Steve
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Here, I improved it (proves to everyone that I merely rip off other people and claim that it's my own...)
    Attachment 41752

LOLZ!
    Oh hell! It's the next Pangolin T-Shirt!!!

And MUST have "I am Laser Show Designer" on the back!