Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 72787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Scannermax 506s

Bill I'd like to see a resonant scanner or a synced set of saturns that collectively can produce a full speed raster scan for 1080p or better video playback. We have the laser power nearly there to do a reasonable bright image up to say 110". Now we need the scan speed. I'm thinking if you wan use multiple scanners to do even odd or more subdivision of the image it could be done. I wonder if any scanner could take the heat or bearing abuse of 100% duty cycle scanning day after day. But there you have my dream. I think your digital scanners are the only way you could reliably sync the image of multiple pairs of scanners. Then again lcd kind of makes this idea stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Bill I'd like to see a resonant scanner or a synced set of saturns that collectively can produce a full speed raster scan for 1080p or better video playback. We have the laser power nearly there to do a reasonable bright image up to say 110". Now we need the scan speed. I'm thinking if you wan use multiple scanners to do even odd or more subdivision of the image it could be done. I wonder if any scanner could take the heat or bearing abuse of 100% duty cycle scanning day after day. But there you have my dream. I think your digital scanners are the only way you could reliably sync the image of multiple pairs of scanners. Then again lcd kind of makes this idea stupid.
    Not a stupid idea at all. LC projectors of high power are huge unwieldy beasts and suffer huge power loss over long throws. If you could do this with a circa 10w laser with a scan angle of 1 to 10 degrees accurately then you might find a market with deep pockets

...or just get bought out by Barco/Phillips
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    could they handle heavier mirrors for co2 or yag?
    Laser marking is what's known as a "small signal" application. As such, our C506 with the 10mm mirrors will do fine for that application. (Some time I will have to write about the differences between "small signal" and "large signal" -- it has nothing to do with the scanning amplitude, but rather level of the error signal and power amplifier voltage incurred while scanning.)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    if pangolin want to fund an entire project id happily build a 10w 637nm red monster with big beams to run with Saturn 5 (providing they come with amps ;-)
    Hehe, we're not a bank, and are not interested in funding a whole project like this. But if someone happened to have such a laser with a huge beam, where scanners are needed, as I implied we'd be happy to supply the scanners -- and yes the amps too -- as long as there is something in it "for us" (meaning everyone benefits, we all learn something, see something or do something that hasn't been done before).

Bill I'd like to see a resonant scanner or a synced set of saturns that collectively can produce a full speed raster scan for 1080p or better video playback.
    A polygon scanner would likely be better than resonant (by the way, did everyone notice that Lincoln Laser -- largest and most famous maker of polygon scanners was bought by General Scanning this past week?).

Anyway, Saturns running the vertical axis would likely be a good idea.

Bill

Default 10mm, 24K@11 degrees

I mounted our 10mm mirrors on a pair of Saturn 5 just to see what would happen. I was easily able to tune to 24K at 11 degrees, and still have very good large-signal performance. Video is here: https://youtu.be/DjZaCDKZ4Is

Bill

Default No wait, 30K at 6 degrees

I spent a bit more time on tuning and got to 30K at 6 degrees. This is *real 10mm* (not faked 10mm or 100mm...)
    https://youtu.be/krC_OMcmXJc

Bill

Wow!! Absolutely awesome! Bravo Bill
    Very high power diode-based Laser PJs soon (...and fat beams!)
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

I think I may try the polygon mirror and see what I get. I had not thought to use two types of scanners. Pictures to come if I can get it working.....and find the polygon mirror. No don't give me the answer. I want to research it. I've been looking for a new project for a while. It more fun if you have to work it out yourself.

Where to buy complete 506 with large mirros?
    Last edited by bolo; 12-01-2015 at 10:17.

1x8W RGB 2x3W G
    3x12W RGB (in progres)
    M2.0 M3.0

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I think I may try the polygon mirror and see what I get. I had not thought to use two types of scanners. Pictures to come if I can get it working.....and find the polygon mirror. No don't give me the answer. I want to research it. I've been looking for a new project for a while. It more fun if you have to work it out yourself.

Kecked,

While I dont have any air bearing polygons, I do have a nice matched pair of polygons in the basement...

Looks like its time for annual pre-Christmas lunch with you, PhatPhotons, and a certain mild mannored graduate student. I can thus deliver them, one less thing to toss out in the coming cleanup.

Which would you prefer? Staff Cafe in the Big 647 Nanometer Building or Filafel????

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    Where to buy complete 506? on ebay.de? is only one auction but with this driver it works well?
    Hi Bolo,

Until our Mach Mini amplifier is complete, that Kvant system is certainly a good choice. We deliver a couple hundred 506 units per month to Kvant and they use that same amplifier with great results.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com