Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect MIDI Controller ? Help us design it !

Re Livepro, Apologies if I've missed something, but I gather that it doesn't send midi messaging back to any controller - Specifically the ability to light launch buttons once pressed. I've been looking at a dedicated hardware midi controller for use specifically with Livepro, but have all but given up now. Happy to stand corrected though if anyone knows different
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

Quote Originally Posted by Pockels View Post
    Re Livepro, Apologies if I've missed something, but I gather that it doesn't send midi messaging back to any controller - Specifically the ability to light launch buttons once pressed. I've been looking at a dedicated hardware midi controller for use specifically with Livepro, but have all but given up now. Happy to stand corrected though if anyone knows different
    You have not looked hard enough, LivePro does have midi feedback. Not as advanced as beyond, but the important feedback like track status (very handy when doing a zone chase) is there.
    I love my APC40 with live pro.

I have used Korg nano's, Novation MK 1/2, Behringer, just a mouse, Pangolin lasershowcontroller, Smithson martin, IPAD, APC40.
    It's not about the controller, its about the guy behind the controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	734435_522920981092998_2017198769_n1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	42008

I stand corrected. I was led to believe that Livepro didn't output midi feedback for the cue's on the APC.
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

You mean Kappa?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    You mean Kappa?
    please explain.

This looks rather cool for a laser controller.

Each pad is pressure sensitive and can send XY value too! It also has a high resolution slider that allows 2 finger control which sounds like it could be handy.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    please explain.
    I was talking about your picture. A little inside joke I thought you would appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    ... its about the guy behind the controller ...

In my setup i have 2 24" touch screens. the one i use for the cue window, and i am really happy with that. I think it would be nice if you had the fx buttons on the controller, and motorized faders would also be nice. I did some drawings last year on how i would like a controller, but when i see them today that wouldn't be the way to do it. So my point is, why don't make it by modules? then people kan buy faders, nobs, buttons ect. and modulate there own controller. I saw this once, but the design was not good. I would try seeing how big light control desks are configured Grand MA, HOG and so on. They have many years experience in design and another budget in the design phase.

For anyone wanting to implement a controller using Arduino, I found this little nugget that provides a serial to midi bridge with low latency. Win, Mac, Linux.

http://projectgus.github.io/hairless-midiserial/

And this is a very cool virtual midi patch.

http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe30.html
    This space for rent.