Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new mini DI RGB

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Ugh, seeing this, I realize I just need to get started building again. Nice results there!

I always thought the PT-iTrust was a board inside the laser housing itself? Or is that just a fancy case...
    Just a fancy case
    I ask the PTs with also the PT-iTrust to use it external with pots for size an colors, switch's for flip etc.
    But needs another PSU

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Buenale, Hombre! Bien hecho...
    j
    Muchas gracias Jon

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    how about the PSU? dimensions.
    The PSU that comes with it measures 13cm x 10cm x 4cm. There are several PSUs alternatives available out there that have smaller form-factors especially if you go with open frame options.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Megatron, Kudos! What a fine build. Nice color modulation and alignment!

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    what are the dimensions of your little build? mine is a reasonably gigantic 8"x9"x8".

Attachment 41851
    My homebrew PJ came in at 16" Wide by 9 1/2" deep by 6" Tall. Thought it was pretty small but you guys have demonstrated otherwise. Its bigger than the recent builds that have been posted, and also has less features * LOL * Oh well... For now it still requires an external (homebuilt) power supply and I'm in the process of replacing that with a PC supply and shrinking down the dac to a couple square inches. Then I gotta build a real analog PJ like you guys are doing.

Post #14 here http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...plifier-please

Its still much bigger than Megatrons, and is TTL... Megatron, Swami, and Polishedball's recent builds with single mode diodes are living proof that using low power single mode diodes are the way to go! Look how beautiful their PJs and projections are. If you are getting ready to build a PJ go down that road !

Hats off to you guys!

-Jason

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'm using one of the micro cases that platinum sells. they're perfect for these little projectors:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ght=micro+case

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Megatron, Kudos! What a fine build. Nice color modulation and alignment!

My homebrew PJ came in at 16" Wide by 9 1/2" deep by 6" Tall. Thought it was pretty small but you guys have demonstrated otherwise. Its bigger than the recent builds that have been posted, and also has less features * LOL * Oh well... For now it still requires an external (homebuilt) power supply and I'm in the process of replacing that with a PC supply and shrinking down the dac to a couple square inches. Then I gotta build a real analog PJ like you guys are doing.

Post #14 here http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...plifier-please

Its still much bigger than Megatrons, and is TTL... Megatron, Swami, and Polishedball's recent builds with single mode diodes are living proof that using low power single mode diodes are the way to go! Look how beautiful their PJs and projections are. If you are getting ready to build a PJ go down that road !

Hats off to you guys!

-Jason
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks Jason

And for Swami that case is really pro.
    And the Laser engravings of your Diagram (or mandala) are awesome