Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 1W 520nm Nichia Laser Diode TEST

I find I can either have red or blue in focus with glasses but not both at once. Still the spatial filter gets rid of the annoying blue glow and that is what I hate. Those wings are on almost all diodes to some measure or such. It is NOT THE G2 LENS. I tried several and the wings remain. The only way to kill them is clipping or spatial filter.

I'm just trying to figure out weather the pattern is coming from the lens itself or from the lens barrel. The only thing I've managed to come up with so far is a small piece of rolled up black construction paper stuck into the lens barrel.

Guys - I really-think a better place for these types of discussions is to move / propagate them, HERE > http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...856#post282856 - I mean, here, now, we're *4 Pages* deep already, and only 1-1.5 of them is truly-relevant to the "1W 520nm N!ch!a Laser Diode Test" (!) I know it's not 'my thread', but.. I'd (personally..) just really like to be able to come here for Diode test-data / longevity-info / killer Jordan-pix and such, down the road and not have to lick thru 15-pages of Pop to get to the Tootsie!

Please feel-free to have all the choice-lens choice / spatial-spacing / green-wing anomalies-discussions all ya want over in my-thread.. Just, for once, can we have a 'data-thread' be (mostly) data / pix (which are data.. , instead of the obverse? ..Jus' sayin'...

Bitch-Mode: OFF
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

^ LOL I forgot what thread this was everytime I was reading a new post here.. I just subscribe an' read. not paying attention to the thread title. . I had to scroll to top just now to see which thread I was reading LOL ..

Jon,
    Yeah yeah yeah. You're like the librarian at school. We were just looking at the N. Geographics to see how the natives preformed those dances.. ya know? OK Luke, "stay on target"...

"Artifact of Lens" ?
    You are asking the lens to project the image of the emitter on the facet. The image is what is on the fcal plane of the lens. Too bad it contains artifact you don't want to see. The high NA reveals a lot. Your ghosts are hidden on your 3 element lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Sorry to triple post, but I just found a picture of a crystal beginning to lase that my friend took.

Look at the very front profile of the crystal. Then look at the artifact of the lens again. Notice anything???

520nm Green Diodes sold @ $49
    Oclaro/ Opnext LD's for sale
    450nm, single mode diodes For Sale
    405-G-2 650-G-2 Lenses For Sale
    Low Cost CPU Type TEC w/ Heat Sinks For Sale $9

More Components For Sale on LASER66 >>LINK<<
    80% Polymer Lowers for AR
    eBay:
    LASERS4U, but stopped selling there due to Policies.

web:
    www.LASER66.com