Thread: Need help with PicoDrive DPSS V1.4 adjustment

Default Need help with PicoDrive DPSS V1.4 adjustment

Hi all,

just installed a new greenie, 2.7W CNI OEM with, for me first, a Pico DPSS driver V1.4.

What did we do uptil now, a technical friend of mine set up the driver initially so the max current matches the original driver.

We connected using a small translator connector the head to the driver since the pin asignment is a little different.
    We connected the power supply, traco with 5V and enough power to feed the beast.

We connected the ilda gem and set all output to minimal, at this point we saw a faint green square.
    We adjusted standby current (LD I-STB) so no emision starts when providing 0V modulation signal.

Then we turned up the modulation to 5V and projected a very green rectangle on our cooling block ;-)

The issue is that after setting it up the laser fires up and is adjustable from 0 to 5V modulation but when not set to full power the output is not stable but gives a striped instead of a steady square output.

The manual, which is in german, is a bit difficult (did not pay enough attention at school and technical terms are a challenge), and can be found at:
    http://www.laserparts.ch/doc/Bedienu...PSS%20V1.4.pdf

From what we can read we started to check the different values like CR and LD temp and expected a +300mV for Cal (did not check I-LD so far since i assume it is correct because of the correct modulation and expected output).

We need help with translating the steps to verify or setup CR and LD since we expect the temperature to be causing the distortion.

The manual is not that big and straightforward but better doublecheck with german understanding pl-er than to see and try and end up with dissaster.

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Problem solved, thanks to our danish friend!!!!

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!