Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 405nm 400mw price ascertained

go for it but the evidence so far looks good.

The pics of the one in operation and in strip down has been bought on the link u posted by the same guy....he posted on alt lasers and has nothing to gain from a hoax. They sure are 40 quid. If they have the blu ray then thats awesome if not its not a bank breaker.

Rob

I'm backing it, it looks like it can run. I won't lose much if it doesn't. and if it does, this is worth getting into, early. I just bought one.

Btw, Stanwax, I posted a picture of the shrink-dip to LD socket conversion. Did you see it?

yes I did and mighty fine they look too.
    nice work.
    I just need to get me some of those sockets now.

Rob

this is the responce i got from the seller

The product is exactly same as the picture shows. It is all are blue-light diode.

If you want buy in bulk, we will be have 10 pcs available around on Sunday. Please confirm me the qty and I will try to make a discount for you.

Further concerns please let me know again.

He calls him self the laserpointerking, yet "blue-light diode" ..............
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Lightbulb

Yea, but is this a far east seller? I have yet to see a good translator for anything orient to english and I assume it is vice versa. Blue light diode may be the closest he or the translator between email clients could get to what was really typed. Or he could be full of shitte...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

According to his ebay ads he is in Dallas Texas - though that may not mean much.
    Rob

well i have found a place thats sell em for £30
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Care to drop a link?

Yes, do tell. There may be other spares that use these too, and I've been looking at alt.lasers and thinking. This can be hazardous, you have been warned.

Re the power of these blues, that's controversial. It certainly looks bright enough in those pics for 20 mW as claimed, or at least a lot more than 5, even given the camera's greater sensitivity to that wavelength than our eyes have. The guy who posted on Usenet is colourblind (his own admission) but that wouldn't make him see it as bright if it wasn't, so far as I know. Apparently Dean Harcourt (?) of Wicked Lasers had one out of some other gadget that wasn't expected to be more than 5mW, but was more like 10 to 20 mW. My guess is that they ARE the more powerful ones, maybe driven at lower powers to be safer than low power diodes run at full tilt. This is new tech, and the company might rather do this than risk lots of customer complaints at the start of a sensitive product launch. We already know they nicely overengineered the rest of those optics...

Edit:
    I am still pining for a devil smiley...
    Any chance of this thinger being instated and mapped to > : ) (minus spaces)?

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat