Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New red laser diode from Oclaro

Default New red laser diode from Oclaro

I just received the following email from ProPhotinix:

It looks like Oclaro (Opnext) has released a new red laser diode with 700mW at 638nm. HL63193MG
    Looking for a datasheet, but unfortunatually I can't find it at the moment.

ProPhotonix Limited, (London Stock Exchange - AIM: PPIX and PPIR; OTC: STKR), a designer and manufacturer of LED illumination systems,
    laser diode modules and a distributor of premium vendor's laser diodes, today announces the addition of four new visible laser diodes from Oclaro that
    we will distribute, including the HL63193MG, HL63153AT, HL63163DG, and the HL40041MG.

The new HL63193MG offers high optical output power (700mW) at a wavelength of 638nm, in a small package (5.6mm) and is ideally suited for use in
    laser projectors. For pico projector applications, the new HL63153AT, a 638nm diode at 150mW, provides an excellent solution in a compact package (3.8mm).

In addition to these new laser diodes, the new HL63163DG, a 100mw, 633nm laser diode is now available from ProPhotonix: offering a replacement for He-Ne lasers.

Finally the company will be extending its laser diode offering to the Bio-Medical and measurement markets with the HL40041MG, a 404nm diode at 150mw.

Commenting on the launch of these new laser diodes, Tim Losik, CEO of ProPhotonix Ltd said "These new additions to our product range will help to further
    broaden the illumination solutions that we provide to our customers."

Bernd Runge, Vice President of Sales, Industrial and Consumer, OCLARO,stated "We are pleased to be expanding our relationship with ProPhotonix to promote
    these innovative new laser diode products."

Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com

It is going to prove very difficult to decide the right time to 'jump in' on my next builds
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Very interesting

Its all going to depend on how multimode it is I guess....
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Is this really that much more powerful then the Mitsubishis? According to the datasheet 700 mw is only accomplished below ambient temps, and it's only rated for 550 mw at room temperature.

I will take a look at this diode and the company's booth when I see them @ Photonics West next week. I can think of a number of questions to ask.

My guess is there will be little difference, but the choice will make both makers want to bring out a stronger one ASAP.

I agree with you 100% I plan to walk back and forth a lot between the booths. I made a prediction a month back that a multi watt red would be available in one year to feed the video projection market and I stand by that.

Nice, I think that bit of peripatetation (?!) might be as revealing as it gets for now. If you can get them in talkative mood you might learn stuff the rest of us might not for some time yet. If they'll say anything about the chemistry, anything else beyond the deductions from images by Brigg's amazing microscopes, that might help.

I haven't been to a trade show in years (decades) but I remember how fast I picked up info going between Yamaha's stand, the Sound On Sound stand, etc.. Keyboards everywhere, mixers, but it was the rapid comparisons that really paid off.