Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: LOBO gun, has Brad ordered one :)

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ...I agree that it would probably be quite difficult to guarantee the safety of the audience...
    Mmm, actually, it shouldn't be all that brutal to fit something like this with an inclinometer-switch, tied to an interlock.. 'fast-enough'? Well, I guess it depends on how it was op'd, but.. hopefully, anyone they'd even allow this cannon to go out-to, will be responsible enough to not be programming it all winggy-dinggy.. EDIT.. I stand corrected.. :/

..but, yes, re: those 'Laserwurx' units.. aside from the rad LQ-lasers inside.. that was one *bad idea*.. 'Cool', but.. ya, not nearly well-enough engineered for proper-safety, etc..

..Oh, and ps - Coherent lasers are just the absolute-shizz.. SP-Millennias have 'their place', and are also incredibly-well engineered, but.. Cohr OPSLs are just the cat's pj's.. Can't wait to have a lil' brood.. *sigh*

j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-30-2014 at 13:59. Reason: I found out LOBO needs a spanking..
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

LOBO is right about it “being hard to put your feelings into words” the first time I saw this.

When it was shown at the ILDA Convention I was speechless as I saw it slowly move the powerful beam straight into the faces of the guests viewing on a balcony ~10m away.

More shocking was the fact that LOBO left the thing operating throughout and after it had swept through the screaming guests on the balcony.

No one thought to use the e-stop...

It was horrible to watch and very disappointing from ILDA’s most decorated member.

James
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by JStewart View Post
    LOBO is right about it “being hard to put your feelings into words” the first time I saw this.

When it was shown at the ILDA Convention I was speechless as I saw it slowly move the powerful beam straight into the faces of the guests viewing on a balcony ~10m away.

More shocking was the fact that LOBO left the thing operating throughout and after it had swept through the screaming guests on the balcony.

It was horrible to watch and very disappointing from ILDA’s most decorated member.

James
    sounds like the didn't read their own website:

Only especially educated persons should operate such systems. Buyers reveiceive a free laser safety training including the certification according to BGVB 2 (VGB93). Special safety measures have to be taken by qualified staff to avoid risk of eye damage, skin damage or fire. The beam must not be directed into the audience or into populated areas. To avoid such problems, LOBO developed in addition to the integrated safety features also an adjustable mechanical beam block, switching off the moving base and the lasers in case of mechanical contact.

It is highly recommended not to use long-range laser display beam heads indoors. When beams enter aispace, in most countries special permissions by aviation safety authorities are required. In many cases authorities have to issue so-called NOTAMs (Notice to Airmen).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Exclamation

...It was horrible to watch and very disappointing from ILDA’s most decorated member.
    Eeek! Hadn't heard about that, wow, really-astonishing / disappointing... Guess even 'inclinometer' would not have helped, there.. Thing needs an 'idiot-lock'.. :/

..it always always-comes down to the Op..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post
    This both excites me and makes me want to shit my pants in fear at the same time...

Where the hell can I order one?
    You'll have to sell most of your major organs to finance it first
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    This looks more like an anti-missile defense system.
    I agree...
    That power is really difficult to menage for a lasershow (I think).
    We don't forget we are talking about laser light, not a common light source...
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

James
    Has there been a safety incident with one of these already?

Keith

Can't see the attraction of it anyway. Without scanners all you're left with is a pencil beam. How much thrill can you give an audience with a pencil beam?

Everyone's seen a pencil beam before. What makes lasers special is not only the beam quality but the way they can be scanned into interesting patterns and shapes.

Strikes me as potentially dangerous and pointless to boot.

8 like that and we are able to re build the death star !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140130083929371341.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	42074

I'm so glad it's DMX!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Can't see the attraction of it anyway. Without scanners all you're left with is a pencil beam. How much thrill can you give an audience with a pencil beam?

Everyone's seen a pencil beam before. What makes lasers special is not only the beam quality but the way they can be scanned into interesting patterns and shapes.
    Oh no, you can totally put scan heads on it! According to the promotional video, "Alternatively, projection scan heads allow the creation of multiple beams...created on regular laser show equipment."
    Neat!