Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Opnext HL6545MG Diodes

$314..
    Yegads, that is a price.
    What are you-all going to use as a "driver" board (if any) and collimating optics on the diodes that you're buying?-(the 6545s)
    Different stuff or group buy plans or anything?

Steve

I would be interested in 1 or 2 depending on price shipped to the U.S. It would be OK to escrow through another member if that seems the way to go.
    Dave

After some results we now know a bit more about the HL6545MG diodes.
    They are rated by Opnext as 130mW diodes, and tested at 170mA when they produce 120mW. The max spec operating current is 210mA when they spit out around 160mW.

The Doctor and I have been pushing them to the limit to find out how they perform. They initially seemed to cope with being overdriven quite well, however time proved that they could not handle currents of 320mA for more than 24 hours, or >265mA for more than 3 or 4 days

I have had 2 on test for almost 2 days now. Both were new, un-stressed items, one set at 240mA and one at 260mA. I can't say any more at this stage other than they are still fine and producing 197mW and 218mW respectively before collimation. I now believe we are in the realm of long term overdriven capability for these diodes, but bear in mind they have not been tested for thousands of hours, so this is speculation (no pun). With good optics you should get close to a 200mW beam, but time will tell. I would say that if you're not confident or definitely need >200mW, don't buy them at this stage.

That said, I will use 3 of them to make a >500mW red, and it will cost me less than £75 all-in - which is nice

Anyway, with all that in mind, anyone still wishing to grab one (or a few) I need a firm commitment before collecting money. This is because I need to buy at least 12 to make the minimum order amount from Photonic UK and I don't want the hassle of collecting some money and then finding we're short and giving it back. I don't have a stock of these things, I'm just playing middle man.

Those who have expressed an interest so far:
    Dave - 10
    JimBo - 1
    Starburst - 4
    Andy_Con - 1
    jdwannam - 2
    haveunlocked - 2
    Absolute - 10
    Mooke - 1 or 2

If any of the above (or any new takers) can now make a firm commitment (here or PM me if you like) when we have made the 12, I'll individually contact those with the total price they need to pay. If all paid up by Monday AM GMT, I'll pick-and-ship them then, if I don't hear from you I'll assume you are no longer interested.

The costs of the diodes are £15.48 each including VAT. I'm collecting them from Photonic so there's no delivery charge. I'll be asking for £1 per order to cover P&P + whatever the postage charge is + the actual cost of the diode(s) + 5% if paying by PayPal.
    So for example, the first diode to someone in the UK paying by PayPal will be £16.74 if sent first class post, and +£15.48 for any additional diodes, then add 5% to the total to cover PP fees.
    Postage to the US and Australia start at £0.72p for standard airmail. See http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...mediaId=400033 for other insured and tracking service international fees if you want a better service.

Let me know if you're interested, it's really no skin off my nose if not...

Pit.
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Pit, add another one for me.
    Cheers bud.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Pit, add another one for me.
    Cheers bud.

Jim
    Thanks Jim.
    That makes 5 required so far.

Pit.

Come on lads, confirm what you want.
    These are cheaper than ripping a DVD apart, also these are windowed and the latest DVD ones are windowless.

Jim

Smile

P1t8ull

Please put me down for two of these puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by laserbiker View Post
    P1t8ull

Please put me down for two of these puppies.
    Thanks laserbiker, that's seven.

Thumbs up

I can confirm my order of two.. I'm paying via paypal, shipped to 27407 in Greensboro, NC USA. If anyone else in the US is buying several I can send you the money so we can have only one shipment. Otherwise just calculate the shipping to the above zip code.

Thanks!

JD

We now have 19 diodes required (thanks all) but have a small problem-ette... I have literally just spoken to Photonic and they have limited stock left, ARRRGHHH!

I need to speak to someone on Monday morning to confirm exactly how many are currently available, maybe they will have enough for this order. If not, they are expecting another delivery within 3 weeks (first week in April) but I'll let you all know the score on Monday.

I'll not ask for any money to be sent until I know they definitely have all the diodes in stock.

Please keep any order confirmations coming in the mean time, so I know who's in.

Pit.