Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lasermac MK3 build

Quote Originally Posted by Showlaser.dk View Post
    That's strange... i have tried viewing the gallery from winXP, win7, OSX, ipad etc. with no problems.. What OS/browser are you using ?
    A (very) customised Windows 98 SE, which probably isn't the problem, and OperaUSB v10.63, which might be. It has been known to do weird stuff, and the Opera browser is notoriously inconsistent between versions anyway.

Image hosting used to be very simple though. If you have any access to something simpler it may pay off in the long run. The more complex it is, the more likely that something, somewhere, will break. (For the record, Google Images is all but broken, and I read that Flickr has become so broken that professional photographers were up in arms and leaving it in droves.)

If you can find some host that caters to mobile devices that might be a quick way to get a service that MUST be minimal, because few mobile devices can afford to try handling the kind of bloat that gets routinely posted in 100 MB blog pages and stuffed down 10 megabit optical pipes onto 4 GHz desktops these days. I'm pretty sure yours isn't that bad, just saying where things are going, some places on the web, and it's all going to hell if people don't figure it out first.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    A (very) customised Windows 98 SE, which probably isn't the problem, and OperaUSB v10.63, which might be. It has been known to do weird stuff, and the Opera browser is notoriously inconsistent between versions anyway.

Image hosting used to be very simple though. If you have any access to something simpler it may pay off in the long run. The more complex it is, the more likely that something, somewhere, will break. (For the record, Google Images is all but broken, and I read that Flickr has become so broken that professional photographers were up in arms and leaving it in droves.)

If you can find some host that caters to mobile devices that might be a quick way to get a service that MUST be minimal, because few mobile devices can afford to try handling the kind of bloat that gets routinely posted in 100 MB blog pages and stuffed down 10 megabit optical pipes onto 4 GHz desktops these days. I'm pretty sure yours isn't that bad, just saying where things are going, some places on the web, and it's all going to hell if people don't figure it out first.
    This is a very simple gallery system. It works perfect on my iphone, which is half of the reason that i use it, the other is that it is one of the extra features i get for free with my web/mail host provider.
    The 64 bit (or at least 32 bit) world of computing really isnt that bad - you should try it some day :-)

Br. Simon

Windows 98 is 32 bit. That's not the problem though, it's the way web sites get coded. Not just that either. People use complex XML where an INI file used to work fine. They use a mix of CSS, JavaScript and server side scripting where simple HTML elements usually work fine. We live in an age where most people have forgotten what 'simple' really is.

Whatever is wrong with img=image.ext in an HTML element? Rhetorical question, not aimed at you... Sam Goldwasser may have forgotten more about lasers than most of us will ever know, and I do know that he agrees with this point, as a look at the LaserFAQ's methods show. They're a bit spartan, but guaranteed to work.

That said, what you could do is maybe attach a picture or two here, as most browsers, even mobile ones, and OperaUSB, can handle the forum software.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Gallery Works fine on I Phone, IE and Chrome here. Excellent project, very professional.
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Works for me on iPhone, but not Safari... Looks an amazing piece of workmanship though...

Mark