Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasermac MK3 build

Default Lasermac MK3 build

Hi guys

Been building again... :-)

Following up on my old lasermac build http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...LaserMAC-build

I have completed the MK3 version of these heads, and i thought i would show it to you guys for comments..

There are 4 heads, 10W rgb each..

Have a look at http://pics.showlaser.dk/#!album-0 I have tried to comment all pics with a little bit of info..

Nevermind the video, it is crap.. A friend was out on a disco gig and i was eager to try out the lasers, so everything was programmed in 5 mins, and looks accordingly !!

Anyway, coments are welcome (about the build, not the video!)..

Have a nice weekend !

Br. Simon

one of the best builds ive seen on this forum ever
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Awesome.... frightening but very definitely awesome!

Great work Simon.

Stunning!! I need to look through properly later.
    Are those MAC250 donor heads?

edit: just started looking in detail and reading the comments. the attention to detail is amazing, use of 3D printer for jigs, etc. really incredible.

Question:

Where you've used 2 M140's via the cube, have you got a waveplate on one of them? Based on your correction optics, I'm assuming you've got them oriented || so surely you are having to rotate one of the diodes polarization?
    Last edited by norty303; 01-31-2014 at 04:52.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thanks for the nice comments guys - There are many really great builds here on PL, not sure if these really rank that high :-) But its been a fun (allthough sometimes frustrating) project, and i have really learned a lot from it..

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Are those MAC250 donor heads?
    Yes, they are old Martin Mac250s. having spent their usefull life on some nightclub, i stripped them down, replaced the bearings, belts, motors, wires etc. repainted them, and started drilling holes and milling out parts, to make all the stuff fit inside :-)

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Where you've used 2 M140's via the cube, have you got a waveplate on one of them? Based on your correction optics, I'm assuming you've got them oriented || so surely you are having to rotate one of the diodes polarization?
    Yes, you are exactly right - its hard to see on the pics, but there is a waveplate glued to the front of one of the M140 collimators. And yes, the beams need to be || to work with the cylendrical lenses.

Br. Simon

Yes, you are exactly right - its hard to see on the pics, but there is a waveplate glued to the front of one of the M140 collimators. And yes, the beams need to be || to work with the cylendrical lenses.
    Great thanks. I have a knife edge A140 pair that is pretty wide at the aperture, and I've been thinking of doing a cube combine with. Seeing this has sort of made up my mind.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Amazing build, always great to see projects where someone really took the time & effort to make it better. Instead of buying all "off the self" parts/modules.
    Any idea how many days it took to design/build/test (or don’t you even want to know anymore? )

I can't see anything, I get this:

pics Gallery
    0 Internal Error
    Click here to retry

Maybe 6 times over as many hours, so no viewing for me unless there's another way.

Quote Originally Posted by SrS View Post
    Any idea how many days it took to design/build/test (or don’t you even want to know anymore? )
    Please dont ask :-) ... It's taken the better part of 3 years, since i started on the first cad drawing. offcourse i havent been working on them every day, but the amount of man-hours spent, will surely be measured in thousands.. But it's okay, as this was a learning experience as much as a build project..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I can't see anything, I get this:

pics Gallery
    0 Internal Error
    Click here to retry

Maybe 6 times over as many hours, so no viewing for me unless there's another way.
    That's strange... i have tried viewing the gallery from winXP, win7, OSX, ipad etc. with no problems.. What OS/browser are you using ?