Thread: Laser advertising in the UK

Default Laser advertising in the UK

What are the rules for using lasers to advertise in the UK?

Do you need to put in planning applications or are there any other boring paperwork exercises or hoops to jump through?

Thanks

Keith

You don't need a planning application
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    You don't need a planning application
    Thanks Andy. That saves a lot of work

Not necessarily true Andy. You may need permission to 'erect' a temporary sign. Plus you should have the written permission of the owner/leaseholder of the building your projecting on. Always best to run it by the Council/building owner first, otherwise you run the risk of getting the person you're advertising for into trouble
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

building owner yes but not planning

I speak to my local planning department daily, I have a desk in their office I work at weekly. so I know a thing or two about planning
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cheers guys - I'll run it by the council just in case - although may run NOT doing it past the client too - it might generate more publicity

I guess there are local by-laws and the like, so better safe than sorry.

Keith

its a temporary sign, normally for a few hours, if the council had issue they would have to give you 28 days notice to remove the sign.

so unless its a long term thing do not worry. they may tell you yes you need planning permission but that's just them trying to earn some money. trust me they make people apply for permission just to earn money!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    its a temporary sign, normally for a few hours, if the council had issue they would have to give you 28 days notice to remove the sign.

so unless its a long term thing do not worry. they may tell you yes you need planning permission but that's just them trying to earn some money. trust me they make people apply for permission just to earn money!
    Good point Andy - Thank you.

Now, where and what to project? Ideas ideas!

Keith

Cheers Andy for the clarification. I ran into a problem with a local Council once whilst trying to do some advertising. As you say, probably just after some money.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

having worked with the planners for 12 years now im pretty good friend with them. you wouldn't believe the customers they get to apply for planning permission knowing full well they are going to refuse the application

you should have just told them to serve you a notice jem, they have to give 28 days notice before taking action to remove the sign.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat