Thread: How to seriously confuse a dog.

Amazing stuff Doc.

Maybe these aren't actually monopoles - maybe they do have another pole - they are just in a parallel universe - If so, it could solve our dog mess problems

Keith

Chance would be a fine thing... You may be right, the article mentions 'analogs' of monopoles, etc. Surely it is, or it isn't. Whether a real monopole can exist without changing established models of physics is doubtful. Predicting they may exist is one thing, but finding one will probably make more questions than answers, maybe enough to upset major models of how existence works.

Quantum physics itself started out saying that some things could only be known at extreme exclusion of other things, and has recently settled for saying that this is only true NOW, at the time of a specific event, which makes much better sense to an ordinary mind. Quantum Mechanics at the same time as assuming the doors of perception are weirdly closed, is busy making tools that open them more than ever before. It's the most brilliantly creative and brilliantly self-destructive world view yet. That it can be both at same time makes it weirder still.

I tried to think of a way to get a dog into that somewhere but it's not happening..

haha, don't go there! I am at a loss to understand my very existence and particularly my interaction with what I perceive on a daily basis.

All I know is that I like the hints in science that suggest that there can be a state of of not here, nor there, or in-between places and times or not even existing at all, unless someone or something observes the situation - it's kinda' magic for me.

If you don't see your dog shit, does it really do so?

Your shoes may very kindly tell you that it does.