Thread: How do you travel with your RGB scanner..?

Default How do you travel with your RGB scanner..?

did some searching, couldnt find a thread on this..

how do you all travel with your scanners? i need to go across the country, and i don't feel like driving all the way (~1.5k miles)..
    Send via USPS[proper packing?] Or take it with me on the airplane? [legal?]

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've taken mine on the plane as checked luggage in a flight case. There are several others here who just take them as a carry on. Perfectly legal, Just make sure it fits the dimensions given for under the seat or overhead compartment. Be careful of weight if checked. I had a 50 lb limit as a checked bag and it was $25. Coming home I had an extra ILDA cable in the case which put me at 51 pounds and they wanted $100 for it since it was "overweight". (I transferred the cable to my carry on!!)

I shipped mine via courier from Vancouver to Winnipeg for a show. Purolator on the way there, they arrived in perfect condition, fully aligned. Fedex on the way back, they both arrived with the greens majorly out of alignment despite being very tightly mounted to the baseplate, so they really must have been banged around despite the fragile stickers all over the flight cases. So in my experience, fedex wasn't great but overall shipping via courier is feasible.