Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some E-bay advice re: a dispute

Adam:
    well, the parcel has been sent off to the person and I have sent paypal an email with the tracking no.

So I am waiting for a reply from paypal now

I thought my wife was repaid by PP, she wasn't.
    The credit card company refunded her.
    It's funny how that prompted PP to get the money back off the seller.

Jim

Greetings all ! I had one bad issue with a seller - outright lies on his part - said item was in New York, and it was in Hong Kong. Then the item is not hte right size ( a metal cellphone/pda case) and he refuses to deal with me - getting belligerant via email and such. So - I opened a paypal dispute - even TOLD him I was doing so. The guy never even replied to the paypal claim, and I ended up getting a full refund, AND keeping the worthless item. He then slammed me with a neg. feedback - and then asked to withdraw the whole matter from Ebay ! Yeah - I took one for the team, and told him to take a leap. So - I have one bad feedback score. It is amazing the lengths that some crooks will go through to dupe you, and swindle you out of your money - no matter what the amount. My item was only $10.00 (TOTAL) but it was the principle of the matter - especially when he was cussing at me, etc via email ! (/Rant)

I hope it all works out better, and faster than it did for me - best of luck to you !

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    I thought my wife was repaid by PP, she wasn't.
    The credit card company refunded her.
    It's funny how that prompted PP to get the money back off the seller.

Jim
    It was my understanding, if you do that to paypal, they ban you,
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Then again, if the guy refunds my money, I'll probably just give him a positive and write some non-descript comment so as not to alarm anyone. I'm not out to ruin the guy, but I don't like the idea that I've been swindled either
    Adam,

I agree with giving the guy a positive feedback in that case, but....wait for the guy to leave a feedback first. I've had the same a while ago. I gave him a positive feedback. Some days later...he gave me a negative

Thanks for all the input guys!

The PayPal dispute process is in full swing now. The seller isn't even answering my messages I send him through E-bay anymore. But I think I've got a pretty good chance of coming out on top here. (Besides, I always have my credit card company to fall back on.)

Since I have perfect feedback (so far) and the seller already has a couple negatives, I'm thinking that a negative will be worse for me than for him. But I'm willing to take a negative from him in retaliation if needed. On the other hand, if it goes through in my favor I'll probably spare him. (And no, I won't leave feedback until he leaves feedback for me. He is the seller, so he *SHOULD* be the one to leave feedback first.)

That's something that has always bothered me about E-bay: The seller should leave feedback as soon as he gets paid, rather than waiting to make sure the buyer leaves him a positive feedback first. I hate the whole "retaliatory feedback" thing that is oh-so-prevalent on E-bay. Sigh...

Adam

Dave,
    PP didn't ban her or freeze the account or anything.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    (And no, I won't leave feedback until he leaves feedback for me. He is the seller, so he *SHOULD* be the one to leave feedback first.)
    That's something that has always bothered me about E-bay: The seller should leave feedback as soon as he gets paid, rather than waiting to make sure the buyer leaves him a positive feedback first. I hate the whole "retaliatory feedback" thing that is oh-so-prevalent on E-bay. Sigh...

Adam
    I hear, and understand ! That bothers me to a HUGE point as well (sorry if I come across as whining) When I am the dealer - I leave feedback as soon as I receive the payment - which is how it really should be. After all, the seller is only "judging" the buyers' payment habits - not their feedback. Ebay has the system in place so you can follow up to feedback left - now it will not turn a positive into a negative, but still allows you to express your feelings. I actually just followed up on a feedback I left for a buyer who has ignored EVERY email I have sent them - asking for them to please leave feedback. That is just plain rude. I dislike rudeness GREATLY.
    Last edited by SenKat; 03-13-2007 at 04:53. Reason: speeeeeeling errorrss !!

Buffo

If he does leave a negative feedback ... you can then put a line underneath with your response ....

best thing to do is use that reply to point people to this thread so they can read the full story

i have seen this done before and it shows who is telling the truth

all the best ... KARL

That's a good idea Karl! If it comes to that I'll include a link to this thread in my reply to the feedback.

I haven't heard anything back from PayPal yet. They have until the 19th. After that, I win by default. Wait and see I guess.

Adam