Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy dies right in front of me =0(

I did leave. So did a lot of people.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Do we keep the grocery store open later cause the lady gave birth in isle 7 next to the velveeta cheese/food? It'd be nice....just sayin....
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Grieving is for the living, not the dead. When we diminish death to the level of "Soylent Green", it makes it easier to become barbaric and de-humanized. Life must be preserved, and that starts with the proper attitude towards its stewardship.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

In 1986 my boss died during a gig. The gig was Stevie Ray Vaughan. Bob died backstage of a massive heart attack, during the support act (Stevies baby brothers band).

I was sitting at the FOH mix position during the intermission when I found out. The venues tech manager tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear. My response was like "Bullshit, stop joking around". About 30 seconds later I realized this might be true and raced back stage. The venue manager grabbed me on route and whisked me into her office and then handed me a stiff drink. Knocked that back and we continued to the back stage loading dock to find ambulance crews and my boss covered.... So many people in shock.... I don't much remember the show but it went on AND we loaded out that night too. I woke up the next morning on a beach 200km from the city and it felt like a dream. Wishes it was.

What was really freaky was what happened on stage during Stevie's set... His guitar tech that sat stage right went bazerk during the show. He said an apparition appeared behind Stevie and moved across the stage towards him. Could have been a drug issue, but yeah it just added to the craziness of the night.

There is more to this story leading up to Bobs death (PA failure during the support act) that I beleive added to his stress and induced the heart attack, but I won't bore you with the tale of how a venue usher can take out a large concert PA with one simple stupid act. If you want to know more, I'll post more later.
    This space for rent.

I hear where you are coming from TJ. I would have left as well. Like it
    was mentioned previously people tend to get the giggles when under
    certain stressful situations...

BTW... on the lighter side... I've been telling my friends for years that
    antique auctions are deadly

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Rofl. I did get a near mint 1930s Philco floor model radio for $30 before he kicked. So it wasnt a total loss.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK