Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap laser colour problems

Default Cheap laser colour problems

I have 2 of these cheap Chinese lasers and have an issue with colours not being the same on each laser.

One of these does have a problem with stability of the scanners (I think it's a PSU issue) and am waiting on Mad Effects to resolve the issue.

When I set these up - even with a short ILDA cable between them there is quite a difference in some of the colours, often with blue being completely absent.

There are no colour correction boards in the units.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be overcome and do you think the PSU issue could be the cause?

Thanks
    Keith

We've listed the 10 biggest printer annoyances -- of course, your Top 10 list may vary -- and ways to fix them.
    GratianHarris

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Not even a link? Sir, you fail at spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Not even a link? Sir, you fail at spamming.
    Troll spammer maybe?

Well, it's been a few months since I started this thread and some 7 months since I informed Mad Effects of the fault. We are STILL to-ing and fro-ing by email!

Apparently the Chinese manufacturers need to see the video I made of the fault - despite it being a purchase inside Europe (the UK) and having protection through the distance selling laws put in place to protect us consumers.

China is back to work tomorrow, so I will wait and see if Mad Effects replaces the laser.

It seems what I was advertised was a Showlas XS500 (it looked the same except for the branding and model number) the same case (other than the heatsink) as sold by RGBLaserverkoop. There's even a picture of Joost on their website. What is the link between the companies here?

I wonder if this issue gets resolved before I get fed up enough to seek legal representation. Getting bored with this malarkey.

The risks of buying cheap, out in the open for any newbs to learn from my mistakes

Keith

they buy the lasers from me in the past.
    but only the old model.
    the new model XS1000 or XS1500 is better.
    more stabel with much more laser power, dust free, extra psu, and full diode. ( the old small dpss give up to fast)
    only same 20k scanner.

i think you need a new blue driver, i had the problem also.

laser greets joost
    ps. yes it is me on the picture :-P

Thanks Joost

Yes, the green doesn't modulate properly and the galvos jump, so suspect it's a PSU problem. It arrived in that condition.

Will give them another week or so and make a decision as to what to do when I'm back from Italy.

Keith

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    ....out in the open for any newbs to learn from my mistakes...
    You're supposed to have a pic of your sad face here (like they do in the Daily Mail) along with an explanation of how you fell for the Nigerian scammer / gave your PIN No. out over the phone / married a Turkish waiter on holiday / paid some pikeys to tarmac your drive etc.

Honestly, the standard of numpties is getting below par on this forum .....

Haha, yeah, I try not to do the sad face - retardo will have to do!

What control software are you using? Are the levels correctly set for RGB thresholds?
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac