Thread: LivePro style control with Beyond

Laser Warning LivePro style control with Beyond

Is there a way to bring livepro level of control, adding different animation speed controls, fx, key fx, color, and image + master. Using one frame to play an image while using another frame's fx/key fx to do fx on the currently playing frame, etc etc..) in Beyond? Stuff like that?

I am interested if there is a way to program that. I know quickfx are one way to do things, but right now the ease at which you can create fx that I've witnessed in livepro seems to be leagues ahead of what you can do in Beyond.
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Hi, by that, you mean to use a cue/button that has a Frame in it, and then another cue/button that has an effect, that would apply to that frame?

As a live pro user I know what you mean.
    I have been playing with beyond since the beginning trying to adapt to the new software. Until now I'm still using live pro during real shows but I think this year I will swap.

its not possible to use effect layers like Livepro, exept for the quickFX. You need to change you way of thinking. you have to put everything into one cue. Once you change your way there are many new possibility in beyond like color chases over multiple projectors, or random strobes over multiple projectors, movement chases etc etc. these options where very limited in live pro.

One big downside of beyond its using one player to playback cues, this mean you cannot have one cue playing over multiple zones and slow down only one zone. But we are looking into a solution, once this is done I will switch.

Bottom line is you will loose some nice live functions from live pro, but you will get allot of new possibilities back when moving to Beyond.

I guess I should clarify.. I am a proficient beyond user, but I recently had a chance to play around in livepro for the last few weeks, and what i've posted is what I was wondering if beyond could do. Thank you for the insight. =)

It would be nice if you could say... copy the cue's fx(without going into the cue itself.. more so a "right click on cue, copy cue fx" and do a "paste fx" into the quick fx for quickly creating more quick fx quickly without having to do extra steps beyond that.

Another thing I would love to see is a speed control on the quick fx tab itself.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

In Beyond when you click on a cue, usually you see the effects in that cue, listed in the effects tab. You can copy it from there, and paste it in the QFX grid. also if you have a cue running and an effect from the QFX grid active, you can right click on the effect and append to cue. It will add it to that cue.

There is an experimental concept in BEYOND called "ProTracks". This is like a single LivePRO-like object that can be used in BEYOND and controlled in exactly the same way it is with LivePRO. These "ProTracks" generally must be controlled externally -- i.e. with a MIDI or DMX controller. But most LivePRO users are already doing that anyway.

LivePRO offers only four tracks, but in BEYOND you can add an unlimited number of "ProTracks". So we believe this is the best of all worlds. You get all of the normal BEYOND features with that way of thinking, plus an unlimited number of LivePRO tracks, controlled in exactly the same way that they would be with LivePRO.

"ProTracks" is a feature that is invisible for most people. It can be enabled with a special type of license file. If you're interested in exploring this send me an email and your existing license file and I will modify it and send it back.

Bill

^ That would be amazing. I'll send on over the email tomorrow afternoon =)
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Why you second rate software when you can use the best - livepro ;-)
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Anyone know what price live pro is these days ?
    Although beyond is awsome it has limits and have seen good stuff with livepro at uklem
    So might give it a try
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

rob and NRG laser both sell livepro license chris
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat