Thread: Laser diode test

Laser Warning Laser diode test

Good afternoon friends of the forum
    How to proceed with the testing of this laser diode?
    Follow the photo diode that wish to test
    Thanks for the cooperation of fellow forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LASER DIODE.JPG  

DSC01997.JPG  

DSC01998.JPG  

that looks like a really badly made dpss with a c mount 808nm laser diode. You better be extremely careful and wear eye protection. there is a couple of watts of IR exposed there. So you asked how to test? Put the hood back on before you power it up.

Step 1: buy laser goggles
    Neat!

Laser Warning

Dear goodnight. The diode has been tested and is in perfect working order. The problem must be on the driver board. I was informed that esxistem 2 wires that control the blackout on board in the photos attached, but not yet identified them. Can anyone help me?
    I'm in Brazil, I apologize for my English but I'm using a translator online.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dj Alfred.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02103.JPG  

DSC02101.JPG  

Hello Dj Alfred, and welcome to the PL forum. I'm afraid that there is not enough information in your post for us to help you. What is the brand name of this laser unit? What is the color wavelength and power output?

From the looks of its an RGBlasersystem.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Hi!
    HAHAHA, funny to here this from you Edison.
    No, its a "NEO NEON" DPSS head from china -> http://www.neo-neon.com/home.php
    They are really bad quality.
    Bests,
    Phil

Mmm i thought from the outside looks in picture one it was not chinese. I,m not familiar with all the brands, i wasn,t aware that i should know all of them.

But then again the world is full of people who piss on someone else just to look better themselves. Strange kind of humor ......... must be Austria humor

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

The quality of that driver circuit looks decent though with the exception of that mod wire on that micro controller.
    It's also nice they used what seems to be copper or messing for most of the mounting.

However that soldering job and the abundance of none color coded wires is cringe worthy.

Hey alfred, where are you located?
    Without the possession of IR safety glasses I do not recommend operating the unit without enclosure.

Regarding the driver: Do not adjust the pots without being in possession of a laser power meter (ophir head preferably)

Once you have IR laser safety glasses put them on, power the module up and get out your camera. Is there light coming from the module? if yes then the electronics are fine but the pump can be still dead *lasing a lot weaker and not giving any green because the pump power has weakened and thus nothing is left over from the conversion.

Screw one of the crystal holders loose (carefull, these crystals can break when pressure is applied). Do NOT touch the crystal with hands and do not attempt to pry them off. Look if there is a spot on the crystal (both ktp and nd:yvo4 or yag (if yes then you have to turn the power down of the pump diode and have the laser aim on a different spot of the crystal or replace the crystal whole).
    Last edited by masterpj; 02-09-2014 at 10:59.