Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goldenstar D-RGB4000 - 4W RGB - Does any one have one? Review? Internal photo's?

Just bought 4x D-RGB1500 from Mimi and they are great. They have great beam effects for club and stage show.
    Just what I needed to rent out to clubs where I dont want to hang out too long. Also good to give out to light designers so they could control them with DMX.
    Have not used them with ILDA but will try it out soon. Doubt that I can use them with my other lasers but they are great in what they are made for.
    Have also 2x N-G1000 with DT-40W and they are great too. Little bigger but same tough alloy case design.

What I can say about Laserworld...that was a one time mistake!
    Fogscreen eMotion 2,2m walkthrough screen
    Tarm 2W RGB witn CT 6800
    2 x 1W G with DT40W
    2 x Edison case with Ems-7000(upgraded), Edison 1,3w red and blue.
    4 x 1500mw RGB
    LSX pro with Etherdream
    Fiesta.net + slave
    Moncha.net

Look at the N-rgb4000. Beam specs are considerably better than the D series. But for the price they are selling the D series it definitely is attractive for beam effects.

The N series uses laserwave modules. Would be nice to see comparison videos of them side by side so it would be obvious of the differences of a projector with half the beam size but same power. Pretty sure they build projectors to order so that probably isn't possible. But for the 1000 dollar premium on the N you get better spec internals.

Just seen this - wow man, that would be just awesome mate, I will buy you food
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pockels View Post
    Jim, I'm bringing both 5 Watters to the UKLEM. Happy for you to plug your laptop into one
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Thanks for the Pics Winni - Looks just what I need.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Thanks for the Pics Winni - Looks just what I need.
    Let us know how you like it after you receive it. Post a video or two.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Must ... resist urge .... to .... buy ..........

Ok, here is a quick review of them. I have 6 of them so far.

As for the lasers themselves, the green laser on several units is 2 dots, not all of them, but several. The red is 2 diodes aligned (very poorly, one projector has the red in + and the other in - polarization, with no PBS. And the blue seems good so far, but 1 projector has half the blue dead. These lasers all have less than 10 hours on them so far and the blue on one is half dead already. As for the scanners, 4 out of the 6 look great, but 2 of them give a wiggle on the horizontal line of the 12k test pattern at full angle. The housing is rock solid, nice power con connectors and ilda in and out. It also has and x-y size/flip that is really a nice option. Something to be aware of it they can not do a single hot beam as is. You will have to modify it to allow a single beam to come out. (it's there own safety device to try to save peoples vision i believe) Another issue is that they seem to vary in output power, some hit the 4Watt mark, but others have barely broken 2.8Watts…

I will be sending the broken parts back for replacement, but since it's from Winni, we already know I will have great customer service… I will make a full review after receiving them back at 100%

You get what you pay for with this model, cheap lasers ,well worth spending the extra and getting the one with laserwave modules inside
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    You get what you pay for with this model, cheap lasers ,well worth spending the extra and getting the one with laserwave modules inside
    I cound't agree more. Ade and I have a couple with all Laserwave modules and with a little fettling, they are brilliant. Although far field alignment needs more adjusting due to a 90 degree bounce mirror to scanner arrangement (assuming the optic layout is the same as the D-RGB)
    Last edited by Pockels; 02-19-2014 at 13:11.
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

Yea.. the N is the way to go for only a grand more. The N also comes with DT series scanners as standard. With the option to upgrade to dt40 or dt40w.