Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Goldenstar D-RGB4000 - 4W RGB - Does any one have one? Review? Internal photo's?

Hi ,
    Tks for your information and very sorry to hear that .As your problem I reply you as below :

First ,D-RGB Series laser modulation is all use from shenzhen ,compare with CNI and laserwave ,shenzhen diode with quality and beam is not so good ,but price is cheaper ,we also have better price with that good mateiral in this series projector.
    Second ,for green problem ,green modulation is DPSS ,it is not like LD red and LD blue ,if so ,sometimes it will may have that alignment problem ,even if CNI and laserwave also met this problem .

Third : For red shenzhen 1W is made up with 2 pcs LD500mw ,when it lose alignment, you can adjust by yourself, you can adjust it in one line.

For blue, if one LD die, we can send you one new LD to replace, the blue currency is more than red, and heat is more.

Anyway, the laser diode manufacturers are not produced by us, we have passed the problem information to them and ask them to solve the problem. But our Disco series price is good with that material.

We are honest and transparent, before customers buying the items, we always tell him what they choose is not good or good,and decide by themselves. Every one wants the good lasers, but sometimes, their budget is not engough, and they like lasers, and then they go ahead disco series

I hope everyone still support us, we will try our best to service everyone.
    Best regards
    Winni

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Ok, here is a quick review of them. I have 6 of them so far.

As for the lasers themselves, the green laser on several units is 2 dots, not all of them, but several. The red is 2 diodes aligned (very poorly, one projector has the red in + and the other in - polarization, with no PBS. And the blue seems good so far, but 1 projector has half the blue dead. These lasers all have less than 10 hours on them so far and the blue on one is half dead already. As for the scanners, 4 out of the 6 look great, but 2 of them give a wiggle on the horizontal line of the 12k test pattern at full angle. The housing is rock solid, nice power con connectors and ilda in and out. It also has and x-y size/flip that is really a nice option. Something to be aware of it they can not do a single hot beam as is. You will have to modify it to allow a single beam to come out. (it's there own safety device to try to save peoples vision i believe) Another issue is that they seem to vary in output power, some hit the 4Watt mark, but others have barely broken 2.8Watts…

I will be sending the broken parts back for replacement, but since it's from Winni, we already know I will have great customer service… I will make a full review after receiving them back at 100%
    Last edited by goldenstarwinni; 02-28-2014 at 18:35.

Thanks for that Info Winni, I like transparent

Here's hoping to indulge in one in the future.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    I needed a cheap systems for clubs, and since I have a manufacturing variance it was cheaper for me to modify these with my safety card, shutter, a start button and 2 interlocks than to start from scratch.
    Did you file an FDA 2877 when you imported them?

After all, Norty correctly pointed out that you went off on quite a rant about another PL member doing nearly the same thing you are doing, despite the fact that they also had their variance. Just wondering if you're the pot calling the kettle black here or not...

Adam

Popcorn on hold
    lighting the way since 89

i have a d-1500 and i'm more than happy with it, the red and blue beams are a bit big but i only use it for beams so it dont bother me, i had dt30 scanners, 3d mirrors and analogue modulation instead of the ttl they come with and the colours on it are wicked, blend really nicely apart from a bit of overshot of red and blue, not tried it yet at long distance though

Adam,

Yes, They are components not to be introduced into commerce until I install my safety board, a couple housing interlock switches, shutter, replace the mic with a start button, and some labels.

I wouldn't have any problem with someone who has their manufacturing variance doing the same thing as me. As a matter of fact, I have a few friends that are doing the same thing. My problem was people just purchasing them and using them as if they were varianced.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Did you file an FDA 2877 when you imported them?

After all, Norty correctly pointed out that you went off on quite a rant about another PL member doing nearly the same thing you are doing, despite the fact that they also had their variance. Just wondering if you're the pot calling the kettle black here or not...

Adam