Thread: Anyone used these?

Default Anyone used these?

Hi All

Has anyone used these (or similar) to mount Aixiz modules?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser Mount.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	42170

How did they perform with regards to heat transfer? Did you add any cooling and if so what type and how?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

I Just picked up 8pcs at the postoffice today, and I have exact the same questions regarding the cooling.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    I Just picked up 8pcs at the postoffice today, and I have exact the same questions regarding the cooling.
    i use them. never had any troubles.

Name:	di-both-plates.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	42175

you can always put little fins on them like i do for my higher power diodes.

Name:	445-mockup-physical-21.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	42176
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

For anyone interested in finding these on the web, these are called pillow block bearing mounts or linear motion shaft support blocks. As long as you're not driving 445 diodes too hard, cooling isn't something you need to worry too much about. As long as the mount is secured to a decent heat sink you'll be fine. Red diodes are of course a different story. Those little heat sink fins swami placed on his mounts can be obtained from Newegg. They have various sizes with adhesive backs that allow you to stick them on anything you want to help dissipate heat from. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, here's an example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835708012
    Last edited by Robin; 02-08-2014 at 10:00.

For the newbies out there, you need the 12mm version for the AiXiZ modules, and/or for 532nm brass pen modules.

If you shop around you can find them for under $3 each. I've noticed that some companies caught on we use these for lasers because some are asking 3 times of the original price they used to be.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Would you say DTR's RGB bundle in the Aixiz modules require extra cooling if placed in these mounts?
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

no.

those diodes are low power.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    Would you say DTR's RGB bundle in the Aixiz modules require extra cooling if placed in these mounts?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks SwamiDog.
    Cheers

Colin.