Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the optimal dichroic sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    445-->638-->532--scanner

The last one seems to work surprisingly well, probably due to the fact the last dichro from the Casio projectors is very good for both transmission and reflect, and dirt cheap and abundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    445 is also the cheapest, so easiest to make up for the losses over multiple transmission stages.
    I've found this to be true, as well. In my case, green is the weakest color and blue is the strongest, so pushing the 445 through a mirror and 2 dichros isn't an issue since there's more than enough headroom on an m140. Red is the next most plentiful color, and I've got about 100mW to spare there, so again if there's a bit of loss I just crank the power. Green is last because I've been having the most trouble getting enough power out of the PL520. When I switch to a PL520-B1 it should eliminate the issue of not enough green, but for now Bl->R->Gr->Output is working quite well. Also, the projector sleds are cheap and have dichros that work fairly well in this order.
    Neat!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post
    ... green is the weakest color and blue is the strongest....
    Blimey !
    I've only been tinkering with lasers for 5 minutes but My Oh My how the world has changed ......

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Blimey !
    I've only been tinkering with lasers for 5 minutes but My Oh My how the world has changed ......
    Yeah, that mantis shrimp DNA graft I got is really paying off!
    Neat!