Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Thoughts on SELEM 2014 pricing - need input

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Brad,
    I have that quadcopter and love it. I will bring mine to Flem and I will give you some pointers. I will also be bringing my new big quadcopter. It uses 4-10" carbon fiber blades.
    Here is a link to a video my co worker shot for me with his cell phone. Not the best quality but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL69S...R7ijBGI525QkEA

Here is the link to my You Tube page. It is mostly first person videos flown on various planes and helicopters I own.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lazerjock2

RC is my other obsession. At last count I had 22 airplanes and 11 helicopters.

Chris

>>it's held every year in Newton, North Carolina, at the Newton-Conover Auditorium. It's about 50 minutes north-west of Charlotte, NC.

225 miles from where I live... Yeah, it's less distance than driving from Suwanee, GA (35 miles north of Atlanta) to my hometown of Savannah, GA...

Sounds VERY doable...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

SELEM is like a year of PL compressed into 4 days. i highly recommend it. just don't plan on sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    >>it's held every year in Newton, North Carolina, at the Newton-Conover Auditorium. It's about 50 minutes north-west of Charlotte, NC.

225 miles from where I live... Yeah, it's less distance than driving from Suwanee, GA (35 miles north of Atlanta) to my hometown of Savannah, GA...

Sounds VERY doable...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    SELEM is like a year of PL compressed into 4 days. i highly recommend it. just don't plan on sleeping.
    I'll second that.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    SELEM is like a year of PL compressed into 4 days.
    This is the most succinct, yet accurate description of SELEM I've ever heard!

just don't plan on sleeping.
    Unless it's on the loading dock out back...

(This is what happens to me when I'm exhausted and my back is hurting...)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post

Sounds VERY doable...

Compared to many you live next door to SELEM.--

If you add your location to your personal profile there may be someone that you can car pool with-they may not see your location in that single post-
    Flying in still requires a way to get to Newton(like a rental car $$$) and being car-less there is no problem- as getting rides between the HIE and the venues is never a problem unless you try to sleep in-

soon a BS&T thread will go up- there will be some lists posted

Items bringing to BS&T

Items that CAN be brought but only if someone is serious about buying(like big stuff)

Items you would maybe buy.(WTB) if they are at the event.

Items you really want and ask for 'dibbs' or pay for in advance of SELEM.

AND also occasionally there are items wanted from some members who cannot attend-

So if an attendee is driving- has the extra room- these items can be picked up on the way and delivered (safer and cheaper than shipping them.)

I always bring a QS/FB3 and a few Lab lasers etc donated by our great friend Dr Chuck Maricle co-owner of AixiZ Laser- Houston these and many more great items go into the SELEM door prize pool (its nice to bring something you can part with to add to that pool..btw)

I can take orders (no later than Aug 1st)for ANY items sold by Aixiz (in stock) and and can get paid at SELEM in cash upon delivery.

IMPORTANT!! You MUST be present to win door prizes- that happens around 4PM main auditorium on Sat.-

only paying attendees are in the prize pool- guests are not in the pool- also guests may NOT be a forum member-- if your guests would like a very nice monogrammed SELEM POLO SHIRT- you can order and pay for one via Buffo= these have always been a high quality shirt- knit with collar and buttons ideas for the logo are submitted and the best one gets used--

all the above comes from past events SO-- there could be some changes

another Thread will be started by 'Laserman 121'(not sure i have his UN correct)
    Zach likes to do the map and help people network for transportation and lodging- we all have seen this member 'grow-up' before our eyes at SELEM.- his enthusiasm has no limits--

Getting a suite is the least expensive lodging IF you are willing to share it with enough people-
    some have twin beds on the second room- there is a couch in the front room and enough floor space for two more on airbeds- and or a rollaway bed- HIE has a limited number of rollaways
    so if you plan on getting one that needs to be included with your reservation-

The suites on the first floor are the best choice as you are close to the lobby & breakfast- and there is another restroom down the hall.

btw if you snore loudly -- consider others- bring 'breath-right strips'-
    and maybe some earplugs for the others.

-Niquil makes a sleep aid- and there are also other ways to keep the snoring down to a minimum-- Most with this problem have sleep apnea-- there is a thread here about that is it is no laughing matter- it can be a serious medical problem- effecting your heart & much more-- Now there is even a kit you can buy and do your own sleep study--

Or pay the ~80$ plus tax and get your own room- We never pay much more than 25$ per night per person(plus tax) for the suites
    ( btw it has a full size kitchen as does the venue plus two reefers-(BUT NO utensils-pots/pans etc) one reefer is near the loading dock.)

First thing to do when you get to the venues- sign your waiver and pick up your lanyard and SELEM badge- wear it at all times while at the venues. All guests must also do this. no exceptions--

If you are new to LEMs..
    take great care everywhere you walk- bring a small led light --maybe one that you can add to your lanyard- having one on your wiil lessen the chance of tripping over stuff. some areas are more dangerous- an example would be the balcony in the auditorium-- so protect your eyes and cameras at all times- or just stay away. I avoid direct beams into my cameras....from the side or below is safer-

PM me if i can help-

hak