Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DutchLEM 2014 - FINAL DATE : 17-18-19 January 2014 !

Default DutchLEM 2014 - FINAL DATE : 17-18-19 January 2014 !

DUTCHLEM 2014
    Start: Fridaymorning 17 JANUARY11.00u
    End: Sundayafternoon 19 JANUARY 17-18u (5-6PM) (after teardown we can visit the WOK restaurant in Stiens it's a few km in the direction of Leeuwarden (everybody will pass it....)

ADDRESS
    Doarpshûs De Nije Tille Marrum
    Ringweg 21
    9073 HG MARRUM
    53°19'22.90"N 5°48'10.80"O

Sleeping in the hall is no problem, bring your airbed, pump, sleepingbag etc.
    In the hall is a shower present ;-)

GUESTLIST (confirmed)
    FRI-SUN
    Hobbybob
    Manfred
    Eightdot (friday evening)
    Tony Aztec
    Galvonaut
    Galvonaut's Brother
    AndyF

SAT-SUN
    Guido

Prolly SAT-SUN Or just one day or FRI-SAT
    Bart
    VJ Ernst
    Michel Rietveld
    MasterPJ
    Beir
    Joost
    Johan
    McCarrot
    SrS
    JeeJeeDr
    Mr Floppy

SUNDAY:
    PeterB

Maybe:
    BorgqueenX
    Rizard
    Soforene

Probably Not this time:
    Cyberb0b

Hi Guys,

I just got a call from Fred the Caretaker of the Laserhall in Marrum.
    They overlooked a booking in the calender for the original weekend so the LEM will now be held at Friday 17 january until SUNDAY 19th of January.
    We will start Fridaymorning around 11AM and will stop Sundayevening around 6PM (18.00)

Luckily most people voted that either date was fine, so now it is set at the first weekend.

Please respond below if you are coming to the LEM, what you will bring and any other questions that remain.

If someone wants to do a class or a talk (like McCarrot did on lasersafety 2 years ago) or about some other topic, feel free to let me know.
    The hall consists of a large hall, 8x25 meters with a stage, a big bar area (where we can also socialize, drink beer etc).
    And there are several classrooms to sleep in, or to tinker with lasers or a combination of both ;-)

Hope to hear from you all soon, this is the final date and there won't be any reschedulings, my apologies if this caused any problems for anyone.

Kind regards,
    Dimitri
    Last edited by hobbybob; 01-15-2014 at 13:16.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Thanks Dimitri,

I will look into flights tonight, consider me IN.

Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

I will come, and will stay at least for one night.

Im willing to do a tutorial on cue creation in QS or BEYOND, if anyone is interested.
    If someone can bring a beamer with >=1280x1024 that would be great, last time my 800x600 did not suffice with QS (let alone BEYOND)

Ill bring a calibrated powermeter or two.
    Ill bring my pico rgb full diode.

Hey guys! This is my first post on this forum.
    I have been talking in the IRC channel with lovely people and they are helping me buying my first laser + gear.
    Now they have told me i should really go here to get the best idea on what to get and what would suit me.
    So, pretty new in this world, I am coming over to learn about all of this and to meet more people.

I do not have a (worthy) laser to bring yet but i do have an APC40 controller which i use for ableton ( i just bought it one month ago ) but i have seen some posts about it here on the forum and elsewhere. a lot of trouble getting it to work correctly for a lot of people but when used with BEYOND it would only work. now i will have to see this for myself as i want to buy LSX and not BEYOND but i would guess some people here would be interested in this aswell as this could be a badass controller for any not only laser but also movingheads or you name it.
    so please let me know if anyone is just as curious as me about the APC40 as a controller.

I am looking forward to the LEM as i heard it is a great place to hang out, meet new people, learn alot about lasers and have fun in general! I do not know for which days I'll be joining in but i could go every day if I wanted, still have to see if i will be there one day or more.

Cheers!

Hey Bart,

That's excellent ! Great to bring lots of the cool stuff you mentioned and i would LOOOOOOOVE a talk on QS cue creation, seeing your cues always makes me happy so learning how to create those myself would be excellent !

@TimFine: Welcome on the forum, do you know Bart from Haarlem ? Since he lives there too?
    Anyways as said WELCOME and yes yes yes the LEM is the best place to learn about lasers and meet likeminded people.
    The LEM will be held in an old school building with lots of room and a cool bar to hang out, drink and meet other laserists.
    It's a very friendly environment and probably some cool UK members are also trying to make it.
    Great to learn about the differences in legislation in UK and the Netherlands, and have a chat about lasers or just our country.

The caretaker Fred and his wife Janneke are really cool people and really take good care.
    You can bring your own sleeping bag and stuff and can sleep in the hall.
    In the morning enjoy a nice breakfast made by fred for a few (low prices!!!) euro, or just walk to the supermarket (300m) end of the road and buy stuff you like.
    It's a village hall (Dorpshuis in Dutch) and the prices are according. But bringing your own drinks is also allowed. So do come by and try to make it all days for maximum fun !

Looking forward to meet you. Maybe if Borgqueen can make it this time, that would be nice, he has LSX and could then show you LSX.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Will be there. 25 minutes drive Have plenty to show :-)

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Does the hall have a postcode?
    Do you even have postcodes in Dutchland?
    If not then what's the full address?
    If I can get time off work I might take a drive across there (anyone up for a car share?) to try some of that famous Dutch hospitality.

Cheers me little hobbit.

Doarpshûs De Nije Tille Marrum
    Ringweg 21
    9073 HG MARRUM
    53°19'22.90"N 5°48'10.80"O

It is not called Dutchland
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_IUPInEuc

Hi all!

Can't say how many days I will come but like to be again part of this LEM.

Bart:
    I don't have an beamer for you but I'm interested in you tutorial of cue cration in Beyond. I can bring a 20" tft screen if that's helpful.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    It is not called Dutchland
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_IUPInEuc
    I watched it (Boy! are you people fickle when it comes to choosing a name!)
    Now I know it's the United Kingdom of Netherlandia (I must get a T shirt with that one to remind myself).

My personal favourite is the Kingdom of Lotharingia in East Francia.
    If I see a T shirt with "Someone went to The Kingdom of Lotharingia in East Francia and all I got was this lousy T shirt" on it I'm getting it.

So many names, so many choices ..........