Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with older Panglolin QM-32 board & Docking Station

I thougt it was an qm32 card ??
    Not LD2000

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Cruch;

I think Dave's point was that bad RAM can cause either a QM-32 or a QM-2000 to report the same error.

So, Andy... Did you get a chance to try some other ram modules in your QM-32? Did it solve the problem?

Adam

Andy, if you do indeed have bad qm32 memory please PM me and I will ship you a set for the cost of shipping if Hayden at pangolin doesnt have any sitting around

Cool

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies - that's just what I was wondering: "Is it bad RAM or just a hardware conflict in disguise?" Souds like it's most definitely "bad RAM". The person I bought the card from has some replacement modules that they said I could have... I'll post the results in a week or so when I get the RAM.

For now, it seems to have found a "Happy Place" so as long as I don't shut down the computer I can keep playing!

Thanks again for the help,

-Andy C.

Hi Andy,

The problem report regarding memory is 100% reliable. This means that *something* is wrong with your memory system as a whole. It could be the memory chips themselves, but more likely it is the memory controller socket, and the connections that it is making with the memory controller chip. If we determine that is the problem at Pangolin, we remove the chip and replace the socket.

If you have a PLCC puller, you might try removing the memory controller, cleaning the contacts really good, and then putting it back. That will probably solve your problem. If not, just send it to Pangolin and we will repair it for you, but depending on what we find, there might be a change for the repair (typically $150).

Best regards,

William Benner

PS: If you are having problems with a Pangolin product, you will get fastest service by calling us or sending us an email. Unfortunately Hayden does not monitor this forum at all, and I only monitor it once a week at best...

I am betting that it is exactly what Bill said. Although, one thing you can try is to remove the memory sticks and clean the contacts using a pencil eraser and then alcohol.