Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blanking optimization in pangolin beyond?

Default Blanking optimization in pangolin beyond?

Hello,

I'm using pangolin beyond and the 3d editor. Last time I imported a komplex 3d car in the editor and after that I rendered a scene. So fare so good the output in the preview window looks good but when I'm showing the blanking pathes it is a worst! So many unnecessary jumps in the figures... Not feasible for a scanning set. So, is there any kind of button wich eliminate this kind of jumps and make a good frame for the scanning set. As well there should be a option to do that after I will have draw a picture.
    This optimization will also give more outpost power of the laser projector.

Best regards

Thomas

There used to be such a function in the older Pangolin software, but I too searched for this in Beyond and found nothing, I hope it will be added soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasF View Post
    Hello,

I'm using pangolin beyond and the 3d editor. Last time I imported a komplex 3d car in the editor and after that I rendered a scene. So fare so good the output in the preview window looks good but when I'm showing the blanking pathes it is a worst! So many unnecessary jumps in the figures... Not feasible for a scanning set. So, is there any kind of button wich eliminate this kind of jumps and make a good frame for the scanning set. As well there should be a option to do that after I will have draw a picture.
    This optimization will also give more outpost power of the laser projector.

Best regards

Thomas
    Can you show a printscreen of the car? Maybe it's not program problem. Maybe 3d model is too complicated.

I'll show it later.

The model is complex but it shall be work. I think it depends on the rendering process. The scanner don't have to be move from one coner to the other to paint some small additional think on it.
    Also when I'm drawing an laser
    Picture on the beginning I don't know how the blanking pathes have to draw. I think an addition function e.g. Blanking blanking optimaziation would be a great idea!

Thomas

As you can see there are a lot of blanking pathes! May be the drawing has to many details, but the pathes are to much!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blanking_path.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	42228

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasF View Post
    As you can see there are a lot of blanking pathes! May be the drawing has to many details, but the pathes are to much!

Name:	blanking_path.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	42228
    Yes, there are too many blanking pathes. I looked at my files and there are far fewer. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mb000.bmp 
Views:	29 
Size:	493.6 KB 
ID:	42236

Of course that's much better then my. But also two jumps wich are not really necessary. On what depends the result of blanking jumps. In my opinion it locks like that the rendering prosses draws the laser lines in order of the polygons.

Also when I'm drawing a picture by my selfs there will be jumps in this way I have drawn the picture. A optimaziation function after I will have been finished the picture would be great!

Thomas

@Thomas the model you imported has likely some small gaps causing all these weird jumps.
    On top of that smoothing groups can be really important to ensure something looks good in 3D or not.
    ILD SOS does some optimization but requires ILDA output (Which btw is "sorta" possible with beyond 3D only (not beyond itself)) + it will only affect point spacing and blanking order (it will not fill in gaps).

@oleger model looks pretty clean, however seperate the window mesh and change your lc-max or beyond 3D settings so it prioritizes the intersection of the mirror rather then the cars body *it gets rid of the white bottom line on the car front mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    @oleger model looks pretty clean, however seperate the window mesh and change your lc-max or beyond 3D settings so it prioritizes the intersection of the mirror rather then the cars body *it gets rid of the white bottom line on the car front mirror.
    Thanks! In this file I didn't render surface intersection. In this case, it's correct white line.

Name:	mercedes-benz_slr_mclaren_roadster_4.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	42238
    Last edited by oleger; 02-14-2014 at 09:14.

Similarly, I have blanking path problems with traced vectors from a bitmap file, there is always a mess of blanked lines and I don't know how to get rid of them, apart that manually which would take even more time than drawing the whole picture from start... So a solution will be really welcome !