Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first beam switch

Thumbs up

hehe... No harm in asking, right?

I'll take you up on the offer to program the PIC's at least. Soldering I can handle myself.

It's going to be a while before I'm ready though. As it stands now I have 5 argon lasers and only one of them actually lases. (3 small single line Spectra Physics units and 2 larger HGM multi-line models that run off 220.) Of course, the only one that works is one of the wimpy Spectra Physics units...

If I get one of the HGM units going, I'll be in touch with you about the PICs and your source for the cheap steppers...

Adam

Red face

DjDevNull - great idea! Nice selection on the PIC - 16F628 is one of my favs Good looking schem too... Like you guys, I would also like to build a beamtable for my 3W Argon. I'd also like to build a colorbox one of these days... anybody know what the performance of a GM20 is in switches per second?

Buffo - programming a PIC isn't all that bad - In the simplest case, all you need is 5 resistors!(http://home.vrweb.de/~lotharstolz/st...vpc/index.html)

Granted, this programmer won't work with DjDevNull's program/ckt (this programmer disables the PGM pin)... but for future reference ! PICs Rule! PICs + Lasers rule even more!