Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Giant Laser Has Produced Nuclear Fusion

The reason I pick on medical marijuana is the corruption. First, lets stop the games. Its a dishonest way to gain legalization for this substance.
    The only corruption is lead by big pharma and politicians on the take. To merely acknowledging the legalization aspect of MJ lends creditability to the validity of their claim that it should be illegal. Fuck them...they are not my mother

our government has not been legitimate since Eisenhower left office and warned us of the industrial military complex. I assure you...if you get Pelosi, Hillary and that dried up old hole Feinstein and the ALL the other corrupt dousche bags that want to destroy the world together, that currently live in their own corporation, Washington DC and got them stoned the planet would be better off.

THEY DONT DO ANYTHING FOR THE US CITIZENS! They are ALL driven by self interest...

I would say I align with libertarian and constitutional ideas...but they, like chemtrails...are a myth
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Doc,

Your posts #138 and #139 were interesting and provided a detailed insight from a political system I do not know as well. I also agree with your conclusions.

I'm sorry but Carter was a putz. I nice fellow, but dangerously, ineffective and misdirected. The Bushes and I mean every last one of them are incompetent. They promoted a big government/big business love affair that verged on soft fascism. Obama is a narcissistic fool that is president only because he claims to be black. The crap that rises to the top positions of power in the US gets there because a substantial fraction of the citizens accept and even look to take advantage of the corruption. The nation continues to function (such as it does) because it depends on a shrinking portion of the country to continue to strive according to principals of self reliance and ethical interaction. I welcome the unrest. I think the internet and the potential for interaction between groups and across boarders is only now beginning to unleash some of these populations. The desire to benefit from ones own work and self restraint is strong. The pen and money are both mightier than the gun, but I want to have them all unfettered by a corrupt autocracy here as well as in the UK and the Ukraine and...

The reason I pick on medical marijuana is the corruption. First, lets stop the games. Its a dishonest way to gain legalization for this substance. I fully support legalization of all non-nuclear substances. An adult should be able to buy as much cocaine, heroin, alcohol and firecrackers as he want's, use it responsibly and if he fails to do so then pay the full price for the consequences to others when he screws up. I'm a libertarian and a constitutionalist and this fits with this philosophy. The other reason I pick on marijuana is I can't understand the desire to check out. I have so much to see and do and there is so little time, why reduce your performance or memory of your experiences?

As I have said before, I don't want to sit around and bitch. It's OK to think about a problem and identify the cause(s), but then DO SOMETHING. Run or fight. Find others that you can confide in or investigate what you can do to improve your situation or show others what they might do to improve theirs. I'm not saying a person should be selfish or selfless, but rather try to be effective.
    I agree Carter was a putz, but his heart was in the right place. All the others sucked too. If you've ever met any politicians you'll know they are all assholes. No normal person wants to be a politician, only people with aspirations of power. and glory. I'm neither conservative, or liberal. I think they both have good and bad points. The thing I dislike the most is you're suppose to be one way, or the other. Thinking like that swings the country back and forth every election, and we dont seem to move forward. And I cant stand to hear political parties complain, and speculate. Like you said, shut up and do something about it. Being bombarded by all the negative energy doesnt do anyone any good.

You have it backwards. Marijuana is usually decriminalized first, then medical comes after. At least in my state. I think one of the problems why its not decriminalized at the government level is hemp would take over many of the large industries. There are almost as many uses for hemp as there are for the peanut. There are hemp products out there, but they are usually from small companies, or imported. I did see hemp seed yogurt in the supermarket though, so its coming.

I dont smoke pot, but know loads of people who, including family members. Its a relaxant on a simular level of a few beers. You can still function normally, you're just a little more laid back about things. Obviously some people cant handle having just 2 beers, and they land on their ass. Same with stoners. Except with pot you wont be driving into people, getting in fights, and acting like an asshole like you would with someone that was drunk. You can only get so high on pot, and memory loss is only for the true long term hardcore smokers. Unlike alcohol where in a few hours you can get so inebriated you'd defecate your pants, wake up laying on a sidewalk covered in blood, and couldnt remember how you got there.

I dont agree that people should be able to buy as much cocaine, heroin, X, Meth, ect as they want. With these drugs there is a solid guarantee of addiction. Then comes rampant crime to feed that addiction. I've seen this first hand happen to good people. My brother was a crack addict, and I've had friends that were heroin, and pill addicts. They will lie, cheat, steal, and harm anyone for 50 cents, even beloved family members. I haven't talked to my brother, or those friends in over a decade.

Natgeo has great programing on how drugs abuse effects our society. They are worth a watch.

Also there are good movies to watch that can give you an insight of how drugs effect people, and the people around them.

Leaving Las Vegas
    Spun
    Requiem for a dream
    Traffic
    Trainspotting
    Blow
    Fresh
    Drugstore Cowboys
    Maria Full of Grace
    Bug
    Rush
    Bad Lieutenant
    Broken Vessels
    Thirteen

Just to name a few. All are serious movies, except Spun, and Blow are kind of funny, but they are not parodies. All a must see IMO. These are the kinds of movies you should watch with your kids before they start trying drugs, even if they are adult movies.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    I agree Carter was a putz, but his heart was in the right place.
    carter should have been elected directly to the role of ex-president. he's done so much good for the world after stepping out of office.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

You are correct. He walked what he talked, and lead by example. His main downfall was in foreign affairs, and his brother Billy, LOL.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

One of the few epitaphs I don't want on my tombstone is "He meant well"

You have it backwards. Marijuana is usually decriminalized first, then medical comes after. At least in my state.
    My point... is rampant use of a false excuse to ease the concerns about its acceptance. The logistics are not as interesting as a people that rely on misdirection to accept a behavior that they either support or oppose for other reasons, but are unwilling to face.
    This discussion occasionally latches onto specific examples rather than using these examples to illustrate a philosophy.

Pot is no big deal. I agree with you about its effects and the risks. I prefer to be wide awake all the time if I want a diversion I'll work on a laser or some other project. My opinion about the other substances stems from the requirement that freedom needs to be coupled with responsibility to make choices for yourself. Note, that I am not an ideologue. I believe the there needs to be some restrictions and that is why I limited the substances to non-nuclear. Why? Because at some level the consequences of personal irresponsibility exceed the ability of others to impose a deterrent. I can only kill you once for taking out a city etc. However, for most personal decisions and I suggest for many more than are currently "permitted" freedom/responsibility are critical to a vital, growing and evolving society. Otherwise, liberty and a government limited by a constitution would indeed be a myth and Laserman would actually be correct. He is not.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    One of the few epitaphs I don't want on my tombstone is "He meant well"

My point... is rampant use of a false excuse to ease the concerns about its acceptance. The logistics are not as interesting as a people that rely on misdirection to accept a behavior that they either support or oppose for other reasons, but are unwilling to face.
    Its not about false excuses, its about the decades of government lies that say it has no medicinal value, and should be in the same class as heroine, and LSD, class 1. When in reality it should be class 3. This law has been putting pot users in prison at the cost of over $45,000 a year per inmate. This figure dwarfs what is spent on law enforcement, court, lawyers, ect. It was because rampant use that people figured out the truth, and accepted its a waste of time, and money to criminalize it, Its a realization, and adaptation, not an excuse. The only misdirection is from the government saying its just as bad as doing heroin.

Its a realization, and adaptation, not an excuse. The only misdirection is from the government saying its just as bad as doing heroin.
    Comm on. Sure the government is misdirecting. It always does. Don't look behind the curtain". But, whether it has medicinal value or not is secondary. Really. You said yourself that it helps you to relax:

Its a relaxant on a simular level of a few beers. You can still function normally, you're just a little more laid back about things. Obviously some people cant handle having just 2 beers, and they land on their ass. Same with stoners. Except with pot you wont be driving into people, getting in fights, and acting like an asshole like you would with someone that was drunk. You can only get so high on pot, and memory loss is only for the true long term hardcore smokers.
    The REAL reason, the PRIMARY reason it is used is for recreation. And, that's fine, but using the medicinal lever for access is dishonest even if it has medicinal value. I'm all for freedom and I've made that very clear, but along with freedom comes responsibility and that requires honesty and not spin.

However, for most personal decisions and I suggest for many more than are currently "permitted" freedom/responsibility are critical to a vital, growing and evolving society. Otherwise, liberty and a government limited by a constitution would indeed be a myth and Laserman would actually be correct. He is not.
    If you think our countries government is limited by the constitution, I can't help you any further. What country do you live in? You have heard of the 4th amendment right? You do remember Boston home invasion right? You do realize that all electronic data is mined right? all cell phones are tracked right? I could go on and on but we are not free. If I can't grow a plant and harvest it for my own use like a tomato plant...we are not free. You are given the illusion you are free, until your GPS signal is locked onto by a missile carrying drone, which is not too far in the future.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Ann Barnhardt is a bit of a religious nut bag in my opinion...but she hits right home with the general prognosis of the state of the union from the financial side. Its worth 30 minutes to learn a different perspective on things.

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

If you think our countries government is limited by the constitution, I can't help you any further.
    Dude, have you been reading my posts? I am a libertarian and a constitutionalist, but that doesn't mean Berry or Valery or John or Harry or the other jackasses agree or follow any of those rules or even abide by their oaths. They sneer at us. I know that, but I'm not sure they realize (yet) that I am sneering back. And, I (we) are far from stupid. I had heard of her and I hope by now you realize that most of her ideas could have come from discussions we have around the dinner table. Here is something to think about. In the Ukrainian protests, media drones were targeted with lasers, ostensibly by police, with the intention of blinding them. Now both you and I and a number of participants on this forum could actually make this work or alternatively could outfit the drones to survive this. I honestly believe the sleeping giant is restive. Only something like 10% of the colonists that populated America at the time of the revolution were engaged. That is why I don't want to go around in a pleasant fog. This is way too interesting.