Thread: Please help total newbie and have no idea if this is normal

Default Please help total newbie and have no idea if this is normal

I have a question if this is normal? A red diode laser that is emitting 2/3 beams from the head and causing ghosting images when scanning. if I adjust the one mirror or dichro in the projector is seems to make the ghosting or second beam disappear, but I feel it's losing its output/power (looks not as bright) and it makes the blue and green go way out of alignment as well. Is it normal to have multiple beams emitting from the red laser head as I don't see it with the blue or green.

Thanks for all your help Bob.

Also would storing the laser not running or being used at all in a colder room cause this issue? we had a really cold winter in the USA.

The diode does not appear to be operating normally. Perhaps the collimating lens is out of alignment or dirty? Being cold is not a factor.

Where would the comllimating lens be found and how would you suggest I would clean it? thanks Bob.

Are the multiple beams coming from the head itself, or off the mirror? It could be that its not a first surface mirror.
    What red module is it? Does it use multiple diodes combined, or just a single diode?
    Pictures would probably help in this situation.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

It's not on the mirror as is was doing on a white wall surface and I can't access it this moment as I'm not around it to take pictures at the moment. Just want to know if the laser itself is not fixable or most likely an alignment issue,

thanks for all the help.

Bob