Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observation Affects Reality??

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    In a free market economy, goods & services are only worth what the consumer agrees to pay. So apparently, we are all a bunch of fucking suckers!!! SmDh....
    I was paying $58 for internet service, and the cable service was just as much, if not more. I called up to cancel the cable, and they said sure, but your internet is going up to $75/mo. I lost my shit, and then they said I could have the lowest tier cable for $12. So I can't even stick it to 'em that way.

Verizon is no better, they want me to sign up for a 2 year contract for service at my house. Nope.

Just thought I'd mention that for those wanting to debate the subject line, try here:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Nuclear-Fusion
    LOTS more scope.
    PL is getting weird.

On current topic here, I'm in the UK, on BT for internet. I'm open to suggestions: Something like the old days, modest charges, no bandwidth cap, own webspace and email service provided. Any sign of this now-mythical beast? If so, who's wrangling it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    I imagine Google is waiting for it's fleet of wifi weather balloons to be deployed nation wide.
    I think they are waiting for the fiber to be upgraded to handle the load. It may take a while.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK