Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy World Pangolin Day!

So we can extend this, maybe...
    Bela Bartok's famously never-written opera, The Miraculous Pangolin.
    A Mexican song, (not) often performed by many bands, The Man Who Plays The Pangolino...
    (In)famous book, I think it (never) won an award: Captain Corelli's Pangolin
    Germany never ceases to amaze with psychedelic rock from the unheard of band Pangoline Dream
    South Americans even more mysterious than most lost tribes played the 'charpango' where their less inventive relatives settled for guitars made of armadillo shells.
    What is not known (except perhaps to certain Mexicans) is that the Pangolino is one of the missing particles needed to complete certain esoteric theories.
    A patent that Bill is perhaps wisely not filing is the 'Pangologo'.
    A patent medicine that I hope will never exist is the headache inducing Pangodin.
    On the other hand I nominate the 'pangodyne' for SI unit status, whatever the hell it actually measures.

Ok, I'm done. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by helium View Post
    Here's the answer from Patrick Murphy...........

"I actually remember the naming of Pangolin very well.
    <snip>

I am amused to say that I have never heard that story in my entire life! I only remember the story involving beer and television. And for sure it was Patrick who made the 3D logo, while creating demo content for our Lasershow Converter MAX plugin.

But I guess one thing I have learned about the human mind is that "all memories are reconstructed memories". For more information see the following two videos:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_l...of_memory.html
    and
    http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_frase...testimony.html

So is my recollection of the naming of Pangolin (beer and television) or Patrick's recollection the true story? We may never know without a forensic scientist or further tangible evidence one way or another

Bill