Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirrors for DT40pro's

Heres some 97% (low power?) mirrors from EO for $17. Could be ground down to spec by a glass shop maybe..
    They may be too thick or the wrong material though
    http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...productID=1743

They're 3mm thick though, so too thick for the galvos.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    You must have got lucky or don't have a sensitive enough laser power meter that's wavelength specific.
    I measured 10% loss at 457 nM but was so disgusted after that i didn't bother taking readings at other wavelengths. Blue photons are too expensive to waste.

Rick
    Rick, stop pissing in other people's cheerios... I inherited the 300Hz 2" mirrored GSI scanners in the ugly blue case with the handmade openloop drivers you made which you traded to someone. Those weren't so nice, were they?

I'm not going to scold you any further, but I think you have scanners mixed up, these are different from dave's 20k scanners you know. You DO know that there are a dozen seperate manufacturers of scanheads in china? We initially imported yagang's set, but was very disappointed, their newer YX series were ok but not much better than dave's 20k set. There's other vendors we've also tried. The DT40's so far are the best that china has made.

For your information we run 12 active scanheads with CT6215s professionally, having migrated away from the 6800s in favor of the wider scanangles. We also have a set of terascans, a set of widemoves, the LC series and the greek scanners which later became eyemagic...

You're right, we don't have an uberfancy power meter... We have a very tried and true Coherent 210 with current calibration.

We also use a calibrated lasercheck for quick measurements.

I don't think I'd miss 5% of light, but you never know...

P.S. If you're unsatisfied with any system, return it. There's a lot of bogus
    products in the field, if you keep every one of them you'll have a lot of
    unhappy memories. I don't sell lasers and I don't sell scanheads, I'm just an
    end-user like you.
    Last edited by yaddatrance; 03-21-2007 at 02:25.