Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Laser Entusiast

Thank you for the continued responses, Where are the LEM's or where in the forum can i find more about them. You guys have so much knowledge and it is awesome to just read about it!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You'll notice on the main page an entry called Laser Meet and Greet. They are posted about and discussed there. The granddaddy of them all is SELEM (South Eastern Laser Enthusiest Meeting) hosted every August in Newton, North Carolina. This will be the 8th year. I believe it traditionally hosts the largest number of people and they do come from all over the country and even as far away as the Netherlands. Others have followed suit in the Northwest (NWLEM), Southern California (SoCALEM), TEXLEM in, you guessed it, Texas. Florida (FLEM) which is next weekend. New England, the Great Lakes Region, in the UK with the UKLEM's, there is a DutchLEM in the Netherlands, and in spring 2015 CarribLEM on the island of Utila in the Carribean. There are probably other smaller "pop up" LEM's because really... as the sayinng goes, all you need to have an AA meeting is two drunks and a coffee pot well, all you need for a LEM is a couple of light junkies and a 120v outlet. Beer doesn't hurt either. Or Godfather martini's.

But seriously... they are amazing events and learning experiences. Matching faces to screen names is always facinating and the sheer amount of gear and creativity to see is incredible. I know it may sound crazy but, planning a trip to SELEM in August would be very well worth your while and possibly one of the best weekends of your life. People really do come from all over the US, and there are ways to share costs and keep it a reasonable weekend.