Thread: Pictures of some crazy South Carolina weather

Default Pictures of some crazy South Carolina weather

It's been a while since I've taken some pics using my lasers. South Carolina doesn't get snow or ice very often so I decided to get some pics.

I'll start off with some pics of the live oak tree I planted when I moved in. BTW, that is a type of oak tree for those that don't know. I left the lights on it after Christmas to use as additional ambient lighting while sitting around a fire. I wish I would have taken some close up pics of the lights while it was still dark.

Some birds. I was around 4-5 feet away from the feeder when I took the picture of the single sparrow on it.

The fire pit.

Icicles - Something that you don't see often here even if it does snow.

Some branches that fell to the ground over the past month or so.

I tried using a flashlight to get some different effects while taking pictures of the frozen blades of grass sticking up through the sheet of ice. I was using my Skilhunt Defier X3 in these two pictures.

Got some good lens flare in this one.

488 and 589. No argon use in this picture. I used the Novalux I bought at SELEM 2012.

The same twig shown a few pictures up. In the following order - 405, 405, 473, 488 x2, 520, 589, 638, 650. The ones where I could unfocus the laser turned out better IMO. The 473 and 488 ones remind me of the blue you see in glacial ice.

I've been in Charleston since January of 1988. This is the first time we've had freezing rain since I moved here. It felt like I was in New England! Crazy low temperatures, ice on the trees (and power lines) and most of the bridges in the area were closed for safety. (Bear in mind that this is in Charleston, on the coast, surrounded by 3 rivers. James lives in Sumpter, which is 100 + miles inland.)

Of course, my heat pump picks this winter to shit the bed. 5 service calls and $1000 later, I finally have heat again. (What I wouldn't give to have natural gas...)

Really starting to think about moving to Florida!

Adam

PS: James - give me a call when you can. I have to work Saturday (days), so we may need to re-schedule getting together to work on your projector.

Oh god, that 589.... So sexy!

Someone should mark this NSFW >.>
    Neat!

Now thats the way to take advantage of some weather! Ice can be very beautiful, I'm glad to see you embraced the freeze! Those pics are beautiful. Augusta, Georgia was my home for one for one year and I learned how some folks can really freak out over some snow, let alone ice...

Thanks for posting.

-Jason

What's the source of the 488.

I'm presuming it's a pointer. Do you have a source for 488 diodes?

Thanks.

The 488 is a Novalux Protera. I had it sitting in the doorway.

OK Thanks.

They're still elusive then.